• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to differentiate between a business crisis and a business disruption?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mohsen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:50 AM

Hi everyone,

I have recently taken over the role of an SQF practitioner in a Bakery. Currently am reviewing our booked. 

Could anyone tell me how to differentiate between a business crisis and a business disruption?

Thanks so much

Vladimir Surcinski

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 44 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• Serbia
    Serbia

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:41 AM

HI, 

Generally business crisis you can look as situations that influence your process to stop completely or to be changed in such manner that you can not perform business any more. For example, fire were your production facility is damaged in such percentage that you can not operate for several months, this is business crisis. Disruption you can look as situations that do not affect process to stop, but asks from you to change and adopt. For me, Covid-19 is not crisis for company at the moment, we will just adopt our practices, change shifts in production etc, but the moment when i can not purchase ingredients, when borders for export are closed, when i have sick employees is the moment when crisis starts...

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:14 AM

HI, 

Generally business crisis you can look as situations that influence your process to stop completely or to be changed in such manner that you can not perform business any more. For example, fire were your production facility is damaged in such percentage that you can not operate for several months, this is business crisis. Disruption you can look as situations that do not affect process to stop, but asks from you to change and adopt. For me, Covid-19 is not crisis for company at the moment, we will just adopt our practices, change shifts in production etc, but the moment when i can not purchase ingredients, when borders for export are closed, when i have sick employees is the moment when crisis starts...

Hi Vladimir,

^^^^ I assume you meant [my] Company.

I agree that the difference relates to impact.

Here is a formalised viewpoint -

Attached File  crisis management.png   292.95KB   0 downloads

Here is a sort of continuum viewpoint differentiated by "actions" -

https://www.nm.euroc...disruption.html

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

mohsen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:56 PM

Thanks so much for your explanations. Has helped a lot! 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users