Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:15 PM

Hello, food processor here reaching out to see if anyone has came up with a method to keep your glasses from fogging up when you breath with your face mask on.  

Tried shaving cream, anti-fog lens, curious I am wondering about using rain x any thoughts?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:22 PM

Hello, food processor here reaching out to see if anyone has came up with a method to keep your glasses from fogging up when you breath with your face mask on.  

Tried shaving cream, anti-fog lens, curious I am wondering about using rain x any thoughts?

It's only anecdotal but I have been told (by a nurse) that using an appropriately adjusted mask to compress/pinch the top of one's nose helps.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

We have the issue here, Houston is crazy humid. What type of face mask and what type of goggles? We went with buying some disposable anti fog glass cleaners (didn't really help) and providing our guys with valved respirators (this DID help).

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,068 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:19 PM

There really isn't anything on the market to spray on glasses that helps 100%. Goggles would work. A tight mask at near the nose does work like Charles mentioned. The masks that TimG mentioned - we just banned them in our facility. The reason being - the air you breath out isn't filtered. With roughly 80% of COVID-19 cases showing little to no symptoms - our goal with our mask policy is to prevent one of those cases from spreading it to others or before symptoms arise.

https://www.mayoclin...rt-20485449?p=1 - see section about N95 masks.

AlanParker1989

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 February 2021 - 05:28 PM

As stated above, only valved respirators help, but this is definitely more expensive than a simple disposable mask

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 02 February 2021 - 06:56 PM

Huge facility I was out allowed employees to use medical tape to tape the top of mask to face to prevent this problem, that solution would depend on your facilities level of risk. None ever fell off that i am aware of

Make sure the nose piece is pinched close and ensure the mask is under the bottom lens of the glasses

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

rwalker

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:36 AM

We have found that it is mainly the quality of the masks that is the factor in fogging up glasses. They need to be able to pinch tightly around the top of the nose and be worn up high underneath the glasses. Making sure your glasses are very clean also helps (I use regular hand soap for this).

rmssan

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:54 AM

I agree with the previous comments that the quality of mask affects this as well as proper wearing of it.

Find masks that have stiff rib that can wrap on the nose bridge. Some masks have no rib and others have very short ones that lead to fogging of glasses.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users