• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

Hello,

I have been looking into how companies are performing supplier/co-man audits during the pandemic. I have not found any threads about it so I thought I would start one.

Due to the risk of our products, we only have to perform contract manufacturing audits and not for vendors. In the past it was rather easy for me to rent a car or buy a plane ticket and audit the facilities. My audits are half with documentation but I feel like I get more with walking through the facility talking to the employees. I have been pushing the audits back in hope to get them accomplished before they are needed but time is quickly running out. Upper management has now asked me look into virtual (desk) audits, so my question is:

Has anyone performed virtual (desk) audits on there suppliers/co-mans? If so, how did you do it and how did it go?

Any advice or incite on this is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,054 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:04 PM

Hello,

I have been looking into how companies are performing supplier/co-man audits during the pandemic. I have not found any threads about it so I thought I would start one.

Due to the risk of our products, we only have to perform contract manufacturing audits and not for vendors. In the past it was rather easy for me to rent a car or buy a plane ticket and audit the facilities. My audits are half with documentation but I feel like I get more with walking through the facility talking to the employees. I have been pushing the audits back in hope to get them accomplished before they are needed but time is quickly running out. Upper management has now asked me look into virtual (desk) audits, so my question is:

Has anyone performed virtual (desk) audits on there suppliers/co-mans? If so, how did you do it and how did it go?

Any advice or incite on this is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

We're holding off and you're allowed to do so. See announcement from the FDA.

https://www.fda.gov/...it-requirements

Edited by kfromNE, 16 June 2020 - 08:05 PM.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

We've been conducting virtual inspections/audits for a couple of years now and do them in bulk format as well - it's really just like being there.

You have your suppliers upload their entire FSMS/HACCP plans etc to a system like dropbox and have them upload a couple of hours worth of interior and exterior video - we require a min of GoPro Hero7 for the clarity.

All around it works out well.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic