• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is chocolate mousse under hazard category for dairy product or frozen dessert?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
- - - - -

egonwie79

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:38 PM

Hi All,

Under which category will you categorized chocolate mousse under.

Dairy product or frozen dessert?

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 18 June 2020 - 01:42 AM

latter.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:35 PM

1. You cannot call chocolate mousse a dairy product, because as per Canadian Dairy Product Regulation definition, “dairy product” means milk or a product thereof, whether alone or combined with another agricultural product, that contains no oil or fat other than that of milk

2. There is no regulatory definition of frozen dessert (don't confuse it with frozen dairy dessert, which is standardized by Canadian Standard of Identity, Volume 1 - Dairy Products) - so, you can categorize chocolate mousse as a frozen dessert if you freeze it

3. I know many bakeries making chocolate mousse (I personally worked for a bakery making frozen chocolate mousse) - so, to me it's a bakery product 

egonwie79

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:57 PM

1. You cannot call chocolate mousse a dairy product, because as per Canadian Dairy Product Regulation definition, “dairy product” means milk or a product thereof, whether alone or combined with another agricultural product, that contains no oil or fat other than that of milk

2. There is no regulatory definition of frozen dessert (don't confuse it with frozen dairy dessert, which is standardized by Canadian Standard of Identity, Volume 1 - Dairy Products) - so, you can categorize chocolate mousse as a frozen dessert if you freeze it

3. I know many bakeries making chocolate mousse (I personally worked for a bakery making frozen chocolate mousse) - so, to me it's a bakery product 

Olenazh, your response really helps give me direction and clarity......thank you for that. Quick question, would you mind sharing your chocolate mousse flow diagram with me. Just want to understand your controls.

Thank you.

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:59 PM

Sorry, I don't work for that bakery company any more (5 years already). If you want, I have a frozen dessert flow chart - but that's completely the same as ice cream, so I don't think you'd need it...

egonwie79

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:07 PM

Sorry, I don't work for that bakery company any more (5 years already). If you want, I have a frozen dessert flow chart - but that's completely the same as ice cream, so I don't think you'd need it...

oh oh.....true, I won't need that for ice-cream. But would you know whether you had a CCP for the entire process or your controls was all based on CGMP's?

Thanks,

LL

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:14 PM

I recall, partially GMP controls, partially - CCPs (e.g. metal detection), but you'd need to do hazard assessment yourself and identify your own control points. I don't think it's a good idea to copy others' controls... 

egonwie79

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:23 PM

I recall, partially GMP controls, partially - CCPs (e.g. metal detection), but you'd need to do hazard assessment yourself and identify your own control points. I don't think it's a good idea to copy others' controls... 

Right it was not for a copy and paste hahaha. Just wanted to see compare and contrast with mine. . As you know processes can really be enhanced when we compare contrast...……….continuous improvement.

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me out.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users