• Quick Navigation
Photo

Can FDA CGMP be a Preventive Control in our food safety plan?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

erodart1

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:44 PM

Hello, 

I've been told that the FDA's CGMP's can be referenced as a preventive control of Food Safety Plans and will not required written procedures, monitoring, or recordkeeping (besides employee training).  

I'm wondering of someone could assist me with this in providing clarification?  

Thank you. 

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:05 AM

Dear Erodart,

According to the standard that you are working for and When you do your food safety plan (HACCP, HARPC or any other plans) you shall mention your refrences that helped you to design these plans, in your inquiry CGMP according to FDA website "The CGMP regulations for drugs contain minimum requirements for the methods, facilities, and controls used in manufacturing, processing, and packing of a drug product."  this means that you can put more  programs to make your product and facility safe.

When you put it as a refrence, you can add it as a hyperlink, the person who want to check will take him/her to the site and read what is this regulation about.

Hope tht i could help you!

M.Yusuf

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users