• Quick Navigation
Photo

Does anyone have a Risk Assessment Form or Log?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Spiceman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 125 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:36 PM

Does anyone have a risk assessment form or log ? 

Mathieu Colmant

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:21 PM

Hi Tavish,

We all have plenty of risk assessments... But which one are you looking for ?

Mathieu Colmant

Consultant in Food Safety - Brussels & London

Director

FollowFoodLaw.eu ltd

Spiceman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 125 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

I was trying to lump generic risk assessments on a log vs individual. We are a very small dry blending business.

Mathieu Colmant

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:16 PM

Well... A risk assessment assess how a hazard, potentially evolving during a process, can have an impact on people using a product. Hazard can be biological, chemical or physical, in food processes, but they can also be related to food fraud, food defense, and all other sectors than food. Usually, in food industries, risk assessment is conducted by food safety authorities, while hazard analysis (how the hazard will evolve during my particular process) is operator's business.

You can compile all risk assessments or hazard analysis in the same folder or file, but you won't be able to take one from a different business in your own, as the processes, hazards, products and use can differ.

How to do a hazard analysis ? Establish the flow diagram, and evaluate how the hazard can evolve through the process.

For the risk assessment, you can you the hazard analysis, set the limit value that hazard can have at the point of use / consumption (for example, we can have only 1 people sick due to C. botulinum in a billion of tins) and go back through the process to determine what are your process and raw materials requirements.

Mathieu Colmant

Director

FollowFoodLaw.eu ltd

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:40 AM

Does anyone have a risk assessment form or log ? 

I speculate you meant hazard analysis ??

There are complete books on risk assessment.

Maybe you can post an example of the kind of data you are talking about ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Spiceman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 125 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:40 PM

I need to do a risk assessment for workplace related food allergens. 

Padfoot

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 97 posts
  • 6 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:10 PM

I think he means where exactly should he document a risk assessment/ hazard analysis. I had the same problem too, trying to figure out where to document it. For example If we decided to let people use shorts under their smocks where would i document the hazard analysis and risk assessment? I ended up writing it in the GMP handbook right where we have our dress code.

Mathieu Colmant

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:20 AM

I think he means where exactly should he document a risk assessment/ hazard analysis. I had the same problem too, trying to figure out where to document it. For example If we decided to let people use shorts under their smocks where would i document the hazard analysis and risk assessment? I ended up writing it in the GMP handbook right where we have our dress code.

Always put your info at a place where you and the peoples that will take your job after can easily find it. Avoid the "well, we should have, but I don't remember where it is" during audits.

I need to do a risk assessment for workplace related food allergens. 

Well, describe how unintended allergens can arrive in your process. Describe the preventative measures you decided to avoid that allergen contamination, and if that measure have a little, medium or high impact on the hasard.

For example, if you ask your guys to remove their work clothes for the lunch, that has a large impact on allergens coming form eating area, because any piece of bread (or anything else) will then be covered by work clothes...

Mathieu Colmant

Director

FollowFoodLaw.eu ltd

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users