• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:33 PM

Hey everyone,

I am struggling on the Food Defense Plan Builder version 2. I have many products so I have it down to the process descriptions but I am struggling on The vulnerability assessment area. I just dont understand the key activity type and the explanation. I am sure I will have more questions on it too so I have been trying to look at examples that I can look at and having trouble with it. I have watched the FDA videos but they all included actual products and not going by the process. 

If anyone can give me advice or really anything so I can do this without ripping my hair out would be totally awesome.

Thank you in advance!

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

Hello fellow Texan. So the Key activity types thing kind of threw me off first as well, because it's a very generalized way of saying 'these activities will need mitigation strategies because they usually do'. Those are :

• Bulk liquid receiving and loading
  • Liquid storage and handling
  • Secondary ingredient handling
  • Mixing and similar activities

There should also be a second option to click in that program based on the '3 elements' approach. FDA allows that approach as well because not all of the above key activities will require mitigation, or not all non-key activities will be mitigation free. Mine is going to be a bit of a hybrid, which is also allowed. I'm actually waiting to get into a classroom to go over the '3 elements' approach a bit more in depth.

larissaj

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

Classroom? There is a class for this? I am so confused and have been watching videos all day and I still am stuck.

And hello!!! Hope youre not having crazy weather! We had a pretty good storm this morning.

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:56 PM

Yes, I was scheduled for AIB's 'Food Defense Coordinator' class but that was right when everything was being cancelled due to COVID-19. There are a few different companies out there providing online training and I think some classroom training has opened with small capacities.

I always seem to get more out of the in class training, and looking at the training material it seemed a decent value. You can find a public version of the FSPCA participant manual at  https://www.ifsh.iit..._2019 04 15.pdf

It goes into a little bit more depth with the Key Activity Types and 3 Elements approaches.

We had some rain today and a little storming, yesterday was worse. I shouldn't speak too soon though, the day is only half way over.

larissaj

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:00 PM

Thank you, I didnt think I needed to take a food defense course since it was not required but I think im going to need to sign up for one. Also I appreciated the link, I will read through it and in hopes it helps me get this done. I have an audit in a month and doing this was a requirement, I did the plan builder last year but this is totally different. 

For us it was hot yesterday but its showing the rest of the week is storms. Im near Austin so we dont get too crazy with weather over here

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:02 PM

I don't think there is anything saying you need to take a class, but it has similar training and proficiency requirements as PCQI for FSMA. I believe it says you need the training and/or experience that qualifies you to create a Food Defense plan. I'd bring up a link but it seems like the FDA eCFR site is down.

larissaj

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:07 PM

I found an AIB course that looks to have what I need, I just hope my boss approves it.

MarioAraujo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:18 PM

I found an AIB course that looks to have what I need, I just hope my boss approves it.

Hello Larissaj,

Can you please share the link?

Thank you.

larissaj

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:20 PM

Steiny_A

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:12 PM

You should watch the IFSQN webinar on what to expect from the FDA during inspections for the IA rule. This was super helpful for us, and it pretty much nails what is required, and the FDPB 2.0 follows it almost exactly.

https://www.ifsqn.co...to-prepare-r207

Anwer Khattak

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:47 AM

Anybody having any idea of why FDA removed the 92 questions for Broad mitigation strategies from its Food Defense Plan Builder v2.0?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users