• Quick Navigation
Photo

Lease truck cleaning requirement 5.10.4

Share this

Best Answer , 02 July 2020 - 07:05 PM

This one sounds fairly simple to me, especially with there being no food/ingredients on the truck. If you have no third party requirements:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to capture cleaning a leased truck? 

Personally I'd create a simple 'Box Truck' cleaning schedule in EXCEL. In the rows list what you want done (ex: Sweep out Cargo Bed, Dust upper corners of cargo bed, Remove trash and vacuum cab of truck, etc) with who's responsible (ex: B shift dock worker, A shift Truck loader, etc.)  and at what frequency (Daily, weekly, monthly). The columns would be the days of the week for whoever does the task to initial.

Of course all of those are just random things off the top of my head, depending on your purpose for capturing the cleaning you will have more to add (or remove) I'm sure.

Also, depending on how granular you want to take it, you can have a signature line at the bottom for verification by someone other then the person performing the cleaning. That person would intermittently check that the cleaning has been done to whatever standards you've set throughout the week and then sign off on the sheet weekly for verification.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

djammur

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:31 PM

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:02 PM

Probably tons of ideas. You might want to be more specific. Is it a bulk truck requiring wash ball clean out? Is it bringing you in ingredients, or taking out your final product? Is the product completely wrapped and exempt from FSMA Sanitary Transportation rules?

Lots

of

variables

Thanked by 1 Member:

djammur

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:06 PM

I suppose I could have included that information, huh?   :oops2:

The box truck is used for random deliveries of printed labels as needed for urgency.  No food, or food products.  Maybe food labels at times.

djammur

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:10 PM

I might also add that food packaging has not yet been included in the FSMA rules.  

dstout

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 8 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Micro, chemistry, food safety, regulations

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:11 PM

It should be on the leasing company to document cleanings, if you are loading the truck with product simply implement a truck inspection program... something along the lines of a checkoff inspection sheet. If the trailer fails compliance it should be rejected. Unless you're performing the cleaning,,,then simply write a SOP and create a form to document.

Evidence of Pest/Infestation

Visible light i.e. holes and cracks that can lead to contamination

General debris/trash

Any off odors and/or chemical smells

etc.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanked by 1 Member:

djammur

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:14 PM

That woudl be true if we leased it buy the day or hour. But we lease it by the month.

All of the things you listed are part of the trailer inspection.  The requirement is for cleaning.

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:05 PM   Best Answer

This one sounds fairly simple to me, especially with there being no food/ingredients on the truck. If you have no third party requirements:

Personally I'd create a simple 'Box Truck' cleaning schedule in EXCEL. In the rows list what you want done (ex: Sweep out Cargo Bed, Dust upper corners of cargo bed, Remove trash and vacuum cab of truck, etc) with who's responsible (ex: B shift dock worker, A shift Truck loader, etc.)  and at what frequency (Daily, weekly, monthly). The columns would be the days of the week for whoever does the task to initial.

Of course all of those are just random things off the top of my head, depending on your purpose for capturing the cleaning you will have more to add (or remove) I'm sure.

Also, depending on how granular you want to take it, you can have a signature line at the bottom for verification by someone other then the person performing the cleaning. That person would intermittently check that the cleaning has been done to whatever standards you've set throughout the week and then sign off on the sheet weekly for verification.

Thanked by 1 Member:

djammur

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:06 PM

thank you!  this is what I was looking for.  Just no clue what things should be added.  I feel this will do the trick!

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 252 posts
  • 81 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:57 AM

My company has a simple cleaning SOP as TimG described. Also we've made an MOU with the forwarders asking them to have their own truck/container cleaning schedules. It's for convenience. We sure can refuse trucks with heavily stinky & dirty interior but that'd delay the shipment.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users