• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to protect and preserve ipad tablets in a paperless factory floor?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

d guy

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Israel
    Israel

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:35 AM

We are working on digitalizing the entire factory floor.

No more papers running around hand to hand.

Every employee that needs it has a tablet or a pc station.

About the pc stations I just need to add them to the foreign body document.

I don't know how to handle intelligently the ipads. naturally they take them with them, and always looking for a place to put them aside, and they are all over the place.

I was thinking of a case,or a pack, maybe something to protect the tablet from breaking. maybe contain them in replacable nylon.

Recommendations, anyone?

jaredD

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:47 PM

Hello D Guy, 

We made a similar change to all digital on the floor last year and thus far it has worked great. We also went with all Ipads however most of ours are stationary. Most of the cases we are using are CTA Digital anti-theft cases that have a 5-6 foot lockable cable on them. None of our employees really need to move around the facility with an Ipad but that cable allows them to move it around the work station still. CTA Digital also makes really good cases that have handles on them so they can be carried around easily. I would also highly encourage you to put a good screen protector on them all as well. Ours get bumped dropped smashed all the time and so far I've only had to replace two screen protectors with no damage to the Ipad itself. 

Hope this helps, 

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:15 PM

I'm sure there is a waterproof, durable case you can get for them.  The pads used in our facility stay in the location of use except for our maintenance department where they stay with the tool cart.  Haven't seen one go missing, but we've had a couple get damaged.  I don't think the cases our IT department got are very protective, but oh well..it is what they chose.

lentilheather

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:15 PM

We have Otter Box cases on ours and have been using them for over a year and they work very well. 

augusteissa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:39 PM

For Ipad you need to have a procedure to clean them a the end of the day if employees on the floor (who use ipad) make allergens product one day and no allergen product another day.

Edited by augusteissa, 29 July 2020 - 03:40 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:49 PM

Hopefully, given the current environment these are cleaned more than daily....we sanitize wipe /clean ours hourly.

For Ipad you need to have a procedure to clean them a the end of the day if employees on the floor (who use ipad) make allergens product one day and no allergen product another day.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users