• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to document exclusions against high care and high risk requirements?

Share this

Best Answer , 24 August 2020 - 06:54 AM

Dear BGAQA,

BRC has defined the high care ,risk area and risk products into Appendix No.2 , if you did a segmentation for your process and defined what is exactly the type of areas that you have and type of finished products, then you can write smoothly N/A for the rest of clauses in BRC which are refering to high risk and high care areas.

Note:

please note that clause No.8 is classifying areas and products according to the microbiology hazard only , so if there is any step which is decreasing the biological hazard and could be considered CCP then you have to consider it into your segmentation, but in general you neither have high risk products nor high care products (only applicable if you do frezzing or chilling and your products will be ready to eat).

Hope that i could help you! 

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
* * * * * 1 votes

BGAQA

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:04 AM

We are a processor of raw ingredients (pulse grains mostly). We do no further processing other than cleaning crops from the field and putting them in bags. The raw ingredients are not ready to heat or ready to eat and are stored and transported at ambient temperature. 

The post-CCP areas are enclosed from the packaging environment.

I've currently defined areas of the site as low-risk areas, enclosed product areas and non-product areas.

Question:

When documenting our process for compliance do I merely state that for sections 8.1.2 through 8.1.4 and 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6 and 8.7 don't apply as we've determined through 8.1.1 that there are no high care or high risk areas on site?

Thanks in advance for your time in considering my question.

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 24 August 2020 - 06:54 AM   Best Answer

Dear BGAQA,

BRC has defined the high care ,risk area and risk products into Appendix No.2 , if you did a segmentation for your process and defined what is exactly the type of areas that you have and type of finished products, then you can write smoothly N/A for the rest of clauses in BRC which are refering to high risk and high care areas.

Note:

please note that clause No.8 is classifying areas and products according to the microbiology hazard only , so if there is any step which is decreasing the biological hazard and could be considered CCP then you have to consider it into your segmentation, but in general you neither have high risk products nor high care products (only applicable if you do frezzing or chilling and your products will be ready to eat).

Hope that i could help you! 

Attached Files

M.Yusuf

Thanked by 1 Member:

BGAQA

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 31 August 2020 - 03:57 AM

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your response.

Thanked by 1 Member:

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 31 August 2020 - 06:24 AM

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your response.

All the best!! let me know if you need any help.

M.Yusuf

BGAQA

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:25 AM

Thanks again. Now we've gone through our initial BRC audit all of this went very smoothly. 

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:07 AM

Best of luck always!! 

M.Yusuf

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users