• Quick Navigation
Photo

What to include in the ISO 22000 FSMS manual as per the 2018 version?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ganeshkashinath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:16 AM

Dear All ,

I have been redoing the FSMS manual as per the 2018 version. My question is what exactly should level I contain ? apart from the scope , R&A, organogram etc.. Why do most of the level 1 manual have the  same sentences as standard with only the company  name instead of the word  organization ,

for example the standard states ,

"The organization shall determine external and internal issues that are relevant to its purpose and that affect its ability to achieve the intended result(s) of its FSMS. " and in the level 1  manual,  it states " Cibus Technologies shall determine external and internal issues .................................result(s) of its FSMS .

is it a method of internalization of the standard ? 

Please let me know . 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:12 PM

Dear All ,

I have been redoing the FSMS manual as per the 2018 version. My question is what exactly should level I contain ? apart from the scope , R&A, organogram etc.. Why do most of the level 1 manual have the  same sentences as standard with only the company  name instead of the word  organization ,

for example the standard states ,

"The organization shall determine external and internal issues that are relevant to its purpose and that affect its ability to achieve the intended result(s) of its FSMS. " and in the level 1  manual,  it states " Cibus Technologies shall determine external and internal issues .................................result(s) of its FSMS .

is it a method of internalization of the standard ? 

Please let me know . 

Hi ganeshkashinath,

Not sure what you mean by "level 1 manual" ? or internalisation ?

The "Quality manual" per se is sometimes also designated a "Policy Manual".

Minimally It contains responses stating how the "requirements" of the Standard will be met.

One (minimalistic) response is therefore to "reverse engineer" the text of the Standard. (maybe = internalization ?)

Edited by Charles.C, 22 September 2020 - 06:36 AM.
edit

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

ganeshkashinath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:25 AM

Hi , apologies for the late reply . 

Thank you  Charles  for the information . I address how  the requirements are met  in SOP at level II . Most of the  manuals I have come across , just change the statement as I mentioned  in the original post and refer to level l . I am not able to get the logic behind it . 

Also . can you give an example of the standard being reverse engineered ,

Best Regards,

Ganesh 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:08 AM

Hi , apologies for the late reply . 

Thank you  Charles  for the information . I address how  the requirements are met  in SOP at level II . Most of the  manuals I have come across , just change the statement as I mentioned  in the original post and refer to level l . I am not able to get the logic behind it . 

Also . can you give an example of the standard being reverse engineered ,

Best Regards,

Ganesh 

Hi Ganesh,

I think I deduce that yr Level 1 is the Quality Manual and level 2 contains related Procedures. This is a common approach.

It appears that yr quoted Quality Manual has utilised an even simpler compositional technique  than the example I give below. But  perhaps more semantically/auditorially questionable

A simple example of reverse engineering for iso22000:2018 -

5.3.1 The assignment, communication and understanding regarding the responsibilities and authorities for appropriate roles have been ensured by Top management.

Edited by Charles.C, 05 October 2020 - 01:35 PM.
revised

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users