Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 25 September 2020 - 02:26 PM

I would appreciate all advice regarding the way I should manage zoning decision for the following production:
Product RTE chilled dumplings stuffed with different filings; Dumplings are produced and cooked on the production line where the end the same dumplings might be either without aby garnish or with for example mixed with herbs. My question is whether I should treat the dumplings without any garnishes as a High risk and dumplings with herbs as a high care products. If so, shall this Both types after the cooking process be fully separated and packed in the rooms where one is high risk and the other is high care? That sound quite not reasonable for me but when using BRC zones decision tree I only obtain the classification: dumplings without garnishes=high risk and dumplings with herbs=high care which means full separation. I will appreciate your support in that matter

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:44 PM

I would appreciate All adviceses regarding the way I should manage zoning decision for the following production:
Product RTe chilled dumplings stuffed with different filoings;
Dumplings arę produced and cooked on the production line where ta the end the same dumplings might be either without aby garnish or with for example mixed with herbs.
My question is whether I should treat the dumplings without any garnishes as a High risk and dumplings with herbs as a high care products.
. If so, shall this Both types after the cooking proces be fully separated and packed in the rooms where one is high risk and the other is high care?
That sound quite not reasonable for me but when using BRC zones decision tree I only obtain the classification: dumplings without garnishes=high risk and dumplings with herbs=high care which means full separation.

I will appreciate your support in that matter

Hi Wer,

A little more info might help.

(1) Have the dumplings received heat treatment as specified in BRC flowchart ?

(2) If (1) is Yes, have the ingredients added to the dumplings (ie garnishes) received an equivalent heat treatment to dumplings?

(3) If (2) is No, have the ingredients in (2) received any microbiocidal reduction treatment ?

(4) What are the respective microbiological Specifications for finished Product  with/without additional ingredients  ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Wer3005

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:30 PM

[quote name="Charles.C" post="165788" timestamp="1601048642"]
Hi Wer,

A little more info might help.

(1) Have the dumplings received heat treatment as specified in BRC flowchart ? That is my questionwhether boiling dumplings which are after the Just warming before consumption, the heat treatment as specified?
(2) If (1) is Yes, have the ingredients added to the dumplings (ie garnishes) received an equivalent heat treatment to dumplings? Herbs are only dried, and there is also oil added.
(3) If (2) is No, have the ingredients in (2) received any microbiocidal reduction treatment ? Drying
(4) What are the respective microbiological Specifications for finished Product with/without additional ingredients ?l.mono below 100 CFUs.g at the end of shelf life

Edited by Wer3005, 25 September 2020 - 04:31 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:01 PM

Hi Wer,

Thks for responses.

Seems you can categorise all as high risk or will need (high risk + high care) depending on the BRC footnote " *** " giving criteria for "garnishes".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Wer3005

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:37 AM

Thank yo
How to separate them immediately after the cooking: separated cooling rooms and packaging?
If two categories herbs can not be add after the cooking as the “ blank” dumplings are on place. Right?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 September 2020 - 05:58 AM

Thank yo
(a) How to separate them immediately after the cooking: separated cooling rooms and packaging?
(b) If two categories herbs can not be add after the cooking as the “ blank” dumplings are on place. Right?

-

(a) If (HR + HC), may depend on yr specific process/scheduling, eg whether all types dumpling product must be chilled/packed at same time or not.

(b) If I understand yr query correctly and assuming result is (HR + HC),  then I guess "Right".

I have (frozen) experience of parallel  HR/LR production. This required segregated process/packing/freezers when run together.

Some careful study of BRC requirements is suggested. BRC also issue a separate document on HR/HC processing.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users