• Quick Navigation
Photo

What analysis of packaging material can be conducted?

Share this

Best Answer , 15 October 2020 - 12:41 PM

Hi Mohamed,

We supply Cartons (no plastic) our customers with declaration of conformity to the relevant regulations.

There are the general ones for food safety EU 1935/2004 regarding food contact materials 2023/2006 GMP which apply to our cartons.

There is nothing specific to do with Cartons and migration other than the general  EU 1935/2004 as mentioned. No acceptable levels only a declaration that they will not harm.  We get the declarations form our suppliers. We do not do any testing ourselves. We inform our customers of the findings form our suppliers components. 

There are specific ones for Plastic EU 10/2011 (recently updated).

I'd also consider the accuracy of the text & codes etc. If there is wrong /missing/illegible information printed . 

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 11 October 2020 - 08:09 AM

Dears,

Kindly i'm looking for analysis that requested for food packaging like migration and OTR, what analysis else could be done for food packaging and purpose of each one?

M.Yusuf

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 October 2020 - 08:16 AM

Hi Mohamed, what type of packaging material and what type of tests?

Regards,
Simon

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 11 October 2020 - 01:39 PM

Hi Simon,

Polyethyelene bags and carton box, tests related to food safety which affect on product like migration test  

M.Yusuf

Sharon (Dewsbury)

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 71 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:41 PM   Best Answer

Hi Mohamed,

We supply Cartons (no plastic) our customers with declaration of conformity to the relevant regulations.

There are the general ones for food safety EU 1935/2004 regarding food contact materials 2023/2006 GMP which apply to our cartons.

There is nothing specific to do with Cartons and migration other than the general  EU 1935/2004 as mentioned. No acceptable levels only a declaration that they will not harm.  We get the declarations form our suppliers. We do not do any testing ourselves. We inform our customers of the findings form our suppliers components. 

There are specific ones for Plastic EU 10/2011 (recently updated).

I'd also consider the accuracy of the text & codes etc. If there is wrong /missing/illegible information printed . 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users