• Quick Navigation
Photo

2.3.3 Contract Service Provider Program, do we need agreements for contractors we call in as required?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ral491994

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 October 2020 - 04:25 PM

I am review our contract service provider program. For the company that does not come at any specific  frequency, more when we call for a service, such as a company to fix a garage door or tow motor, do we have to have agreements with the company?

Thanks in advance. 

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 21 October 2020 - 04:50 PM

I don't recall any specific requirements from GFSI to occasional service providers, and we don't have them on our list of service suppliers.

Thanked by 1 Member:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:38 PM

From the name- "Contract service providers"..... are they contracted? From your description it seems they are not (or are they), and only come once you ask them to fix something.

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

ral491994

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:39 PM

Correct we do not have a contract or any frequency. 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,667 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

I am review our contract service provider program. For the company that does not come at any specific  frequency, more when we call for a service, such as a company to fix a garage door or tow motor, do we have to have agreements with the company?

Thanks in advance. 

You just need a written agreement, contract etc for service providers that may have an impact.

You can use a simple agreement that you type up yourself and it will just show their name, contact details and what they provide - let's say - on demand work when called, show what they do and have them sign it, date it. etc.

We have a set package for our clients to use and have fielded them ourselves for the larger ones.  But what you asked for, just need a contract or simple agreement.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:33 PM

We only require assessments for contract service providers, not repair or requested maintenance by outside contractors. Contract: Pest Control provider, Non contract: Equipment manufacturer repair services (for us Bobst, ManRoland etc.). They enter the facility as a visitor and complete all screening and "induction" then are given outside contractor sheets with all of their information requested and our GMPs, behavior and tool expectations which they agree to and are monitored while in the plant by their "Host" (the person that called for service). they also wear a green breakaway safety vest identifying them as repair services.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2.3.3 Contract Service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users