• Quick Navigation
Photo

Anyone using Drysan Oxy for cleaning and disinfectant?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Marloes

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 284 posts
  • 76 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:03 PM

Hii all,

We are looking into adding an extra cleaning step in between product batches. We were recommended drysan oxy which is a cleaning and desinfectant based on H202. It is sprayed on, left for 5 minutes and than wiped down.

I started doing some tests. It seems to work great to reduce microbial count of surfaces. Even a half-assed cleaning reduced it quite a bit (which is nice, because we all know that it's hard for production personall to take the full 5 minutes exposure time).

However I still seem to find a lot of peroxide residue (>25mg/kg). Should I be worried about it affecting our products (deli meat) or is this no big deal? Our supplier states that it should be fine, but I rather not take his word for it.

Thanks for your advice!

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,320 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:14 PM

Good question.  It is an oxidizer so it may affect the deli meat over time.  Do you have the means to conduct shelf-life testing to see the effects over the shelf-life of the deli meat?

Marloes

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 284 posts
  • 76 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:33 AM

I did a small test with our product in which I directly sprayed the cleaning agent on. Two of our product had some discolouration on the sprayed area and one of those also had some sensory changes (oxidised fat smell/taste). We will conduct some more tests with normal residu levels.

M.C.

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:12 PM

Hi Marloes, 

I do have some experience with Drysan Oxy but we are also in the testing phase. 

Do you use testing strips for residual testing?

Regards,

Marloes

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 284 posts
  • 76 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:27 PM

Hi M.C.

Yes I used Quantrofix peroxyde 25 for residu testing. 

I have still found residu >25mg/L from normal use (spraying and wiping down).
Our supplier states that this is to be expected and normal. But I am not sure as for the effect it will have on our products.

Have you found similar results?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users