• Quick Navigation
Photo

What type of outside training do you provide for your supervisors and quality team?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

asamples

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 November 2020 - 05:23 PM

What type of outside training do you provide for your supervisors and Quality team? This is not including your standard refresher trainings. I'm really trying to convince our company to invest in our plant management team and I'm curious to know what type of outside training other companies provide? Thanks!

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 853 posts
  • 291 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:07 PM

just some ideas

PCQI and or HACCP, internal auditor, lead auditor, Better process control,  SQF practitioner, lean manufacturing/ 5S/ continuous improvement, Leadership / management courses, Root Cause / CAPA, SPC, Risk analysis, sanitation, food microbiology, food defense.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,070 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:09 PM

Besides PCQI, HACCP and other required class - it depends on the individual/team. If opportunities are available, we'll send it out and see who wants to do it. One avenue we use is the state Land Grant University. They provide trainings to manufacturers. I also ask my QA staff if they would like any training and the types of skills. Until COVID happened, we looked at bringing in someone from the local college to teach a day management class. I would look at what classes the local colleges/community colleges provide in the life long learning section.

Another option - see what your local library has available. Mine offers free on-line leadership classes through one of the on-line subscriptions they have.

Edited by kfromNE, 05 November 2020 - 08:11 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users