• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:34 PM

Hi ,

We will be having our FSSC22000 first stage audit in the next few days. To be honest we are not fully prepared yet. And it is so hard for us to prepare for the last few months due to 

1. we have new system (new management, new way of working) implemented and we are busy with that of course.

2. covid 19 as we have to close our factory for few weeks to get approval to resume back operating.

3. Once resume, we have to work 50% of workforce.

4. Once the economy sector to be allowed for full force, we are still busy implementing and learning the new system.

Our team were pressured by the management to go for this certification no matter how. Based on your experience, what will happen if we do not have enough verifiable documents to present during the first stage audit ? Will we fail the audit or auditor will suggest us to extend the 2nd audit ?

I'm still struggling to update the manuals. 

Appreciate your comments.

Thank you very much. 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 20 November 2020 - 03:02 PM

During the course of the early stage of the audit, if it is obvious to the Auditor that you are not prepared they have a couple of options and normally will first contact their CB for guidance on whether to stop and postpone to another date, continue and red-line the audit, meaning failure or...

My suggestion is you not place the Auditor in this position, nor your company - call the CB and explain the situation and see what can be done.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

eddyson

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Ecuador
    Ecuador

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

Helo. 

My opinion about your problem is:

If the organization is not ready yet, it will fail from certification stage 1, if there is no system structure, it cannot be recommended go to stage 2. And according to the scenario you comment on, what is reviewed will not work. in stage 1 versus stage 2, since everything will change, from plant stoppage to obtain reopening approval, change in personnel payroll, work with the new system, all this should have been addressed in context evaluation , stakeholders., risks and change management.
If a significant finding is determined as critical in stage 1, which cannot be closed in a short time, (although it is true that it is determined as a remark - without a category of non-compliance), they will have an unsuccessful and exhausting expense.

What you could do is talk with your CB and propose to carry out a pre-audit, or pre-assessment that has no impact on the official audit; to evaluate the state of your system and make a better decision to plan your certification dates.

Thanked by 1 Member:

catherinepc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:57 AM

During the course of the early stage of the audit, if it is obvious to the Auditor that you are not prepared they have a couple of options and normally will first contact their CB for guidance on whether to stop and postpone to another date, continue and red-line the audit, meaning failure or...

My suggestion is you not place the Auditor in this position, nor your company - call the CB and explain the situation and see what can be done.

Hi Glenn,

We have completed our stage 1 audit last week. So the auditor mainly focus on the documentation part. No records / factory tour were being done during the audit. She said these will be assessed during the 2nd stage audit. So for this first stage audit, we have to amend our documents. We are quite lucky to have a not so fussy auditor, but I'm not so sure about the 2nd audit. Hopefully we can pass it but it really needs the whole company to work together for this especially the management. 

Anyway, thank you for your comment and suggestions. 

catherinepc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 29 December 2020 - 11:58 AM

Hi all,

Just to update that we have managed to get through both 1st stage and 2nd stage audit.

We were given 21 minors for our 2nd stage audit. Now I'm having headache to reply the CAR. I need help. I think I can't think anymore... hahahhaa..

May I know should I provide evidence for corrective action. Example training record / SOP document 

For example

CAR given : There was no release date and signature on the delivery note. 

Correction: Latest delivery note indicating release date and signature were attached.

Root Cause: There were no proper training given when the latest Delivery Note were use. Staff were not aware of the importance of these information. 

Corrective action: Refresher training will be conducted yearly for warehouse and logistic personnel on the importance of having complete information on the delivery note. Person in charge to maintain the record. --> should I provide the refresher training to auditor ? 

Is this accepted ? 

Another example of corrective action:SOP for outgoing and incoming inspection for vehicle has been reviewed and updated to reflect requirement. -> should I provide the SOP for the auditor  ?

Please assist.

Thank you. 

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:51 PM

Hi catherinepc;

Yes, you should scan your training records and send scans to the auditor as evidence along with other CA records or documents.

Yes, you should send the updated SOP to the auditor as well.

Make sure you send the evidence within indicated time frames.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users