Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 42 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:21 AM

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help! We are an egg packing facility, grading, packing and dispatching eggs. Another packer, regularly drops off a pallet of packed eggs (wrapped and ready to go), we pop on the wagon with our stock and deliver to the depot for them. There is nothing in place for this - paperwork and procedure wise it doesn't happen. Does some sort of control need to be in place for this? If so, any suggestions? To me, or from an auditors POV, it doesn't seem right, but i'm stuck on where to start! TIA

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 17 December 2020 - 02:21 PM

You should follow the guidelines for food storage and distribution for BRC and get those procedures in place because right now you pull the trigger of a gun every time you ship someone else's product, hoping the bullets doesn't hit anyone.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:35 PM

I completely agree with Glenn on this. I'd treat it pretty much as you would for e.g. traded goods - inspect on receipt, log in, inspect on dispatch, log out etc.

If nothing else, it'll potentially cause a financial problem if there is damage after leaving your site, and you can't prove it arrived in a decent condition - admittedly it's not a safety justification, but it is one that may persuade colleagues who might be reticent about adding procedures and paperwork in a "we've always done it this way" area ;)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users