My facility is SQF certified, so I'm not sure how this translates to FSSC 22000, but here is a excerpt from my Approved Supplier Program:
Go to the full post
Emergency Supplier Contingency Plan
In the instance that an unapproved supplier, or a new raw material from an approved supplier, needs to be used in an emergency or on a temporary basis, it will be required to submit a modified list of documents for review and approval:
- Specification sheets for all raw materials and food-contact packaging materials.
- Allergen Statements for all raw materials.
- Kosher Certificates for all applicable raw materials.
- Organic Certificates for all applicable raw materials.
The Manager, Food Safety will seek additional information about the supplier by:
- Review of the supplier’s website.
- Searching for the supplier in the FDA Database.
- Searching for the supplier in the databases for various GFSI accredited schemes.
Upon receipt of the emergency-approved raw materials or food-contact packaging materials, the COAs for the materials received will be compared with the submitted specifications.
- If the COA falls within the specifications, the materials will be accepted.
- If the COA does not fall within the specifications, the materials will be placed on HOLD until the specification issue is investigated and the final disposition determined.