Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:41 AM

Hi all, I look after Quality and OHS onsite for a small sized wholesale Bakery and Vienoisserie, Currently all QMS system documentation related to pre-requisite programs, as well as HACCP related documentation; is managed through Microsoft office. While practically inexpensive, it does present as a liability in regards to higher risk of human error, unstandardized work, wasted time, unprotected documentation, poorly organized information etc. We've done a comprehensive job with the current set up as best we can, but it seems outdated and time consuming. I was curious as to which eQMS software would be appropriate to us, if any; to assist with management of the above. Currently we use software for accounting and ordering purposes, so I don't see why a eQMS wouldn't be appropriate. For context, the business is still very artisan as much as possible; to which a significant amount of processes are unautomated, and therefore not able to be tracked in real time. The purpose of the eQMS system would be more for Quality and HACCP manual management, with less of a LEAN focus. Other considerations I would be after are the following.

-Due to only a small amount of staff with a high ratio of output, a cheaper software would be a big consideration

-I've previously worked with eQMS software in other businesses which had horrible user interface. Preference would be something that operates quickly and doesn't require you to jump through hoops to get work done.

-We are an Australian based business, so the software would need to be relevant to Australian standards (UoM, Time etc, language). This is probably fickle, but if there's an obvious difference then it would be good to know 

If anyone in the network could please advise on the above, that would be very helpful. As a general note, hope anyone who reads this has a happy new year, and a prosperous 2021. Thanks

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:05 AM   Best Answer

Hi all,

I look after Quality and OHS onsite for a small sized wholesale Bakery and Vienoisserie, 

Currently all QMS system documentation related to pre-requisite programs, as well as HACCP related documentation; is managed through Microsoft office.

While practically inexpensive, it does present as a liability in regards to higher risk of human error, unstandardized work, wasted time, unprotected documentation, poorly organized information etc. We've done a comprehensive job with the current set up as best we can, but it seems outdated and time consuming

I was curious as to which eQMS software would be appropriate to us, if any; to assist with management of the above. Currently we use software for accounting and ordering purposes, so I don't see why a eQMS wouldn't be appropriate.

For context, the business is still very artisan as much as possible; to which a significant amount of processes are unautomated, and therefore not able to be tracked in real time. The purpose of the eQMS system would be more for Quality and HACCP manual management, with less of a LEAN focus.

Other considerations I would be after are the following.

-Due to only a small amount of staff with a high ratio of output, a cheaper software would be a big consideration

-I've previously worked with eQMS software in other businesses which had horrible user interface. Preference would be something that operates quickly and doesn't require you to jump through hoops to get work done.

-We are an Australian based business, so the software would need to be relevant to Australian standards (UoM, Time etc, language). This is probably fickle, but if there's an obvious difference then it would be good to know 

If anyone in the network could please advise on the above, that would be very helpful.

As a general note, hope anyone who reads this has a happy new year, and a prosperous 2021.

Thanks

Hi Kieren,

There are some discussions on this topic within the Forum.

JFI  one of our sponsors has this sub-forum -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ement-software/

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users