Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:08 PM

Two nights ago, fairly late, I made some pork and cabbage filling for bao to take to a work event yesterday. Unfortunately I had a mishap with the dough yesterday morning and called off the batch because I didn't have time to make more. I have time tonight and could whip up another batch of dough but I'm not sure if the pork is safe. It's been in the fridge for about 36 hours. It was bought fresh that afternoon from a good market. I wrapped the filling well with little air in the bowl. There's some egg mixed in. Our fridge isn't super-duper cold but we don't generally have problems with spoilage either. I had reasonably clean hands and utensils preparing the filling, but didn't take specific clean-room precautions at the time because I expected to use it within 12 hours. The pork looks fine and smells fine. Advice? I hate to waste 1+ pounds of good ground pork, but I don't want my family getting sick either. I'm inclined to use it.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

Its fine   Just ensure that you use it as soon as possible and cook the filling to 160C internal temp

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:19 PM

Two nights ago, fairly late, I made some pork and cabbage filling for bao to take to a work event yesterday. Unfortunately I had a mishap with the dough yesterday morning and called off the batch because I didn't have time to make more. I have time tonight and could whip up another batch of dough but I'm not sure if the pork is safe. It's been in the fridge for about 36 hours. It was bought fresh that afternoon from a good market. I wrapped the filling well with little air in the bowl. There's some egg mixed in. Our fridge isn't super-duper cold but we don't generally have problems with spoilage either. I had reasonably clean hands and utensils preparing the filling, but didn't take specific clean-room precautions at the time because I expected to use it within 12 hours. The pork looks fine and smells fine.

Advice? I hate to waste 1+ pounds of good ground pork, but I don't want my family getting sick either. I'm inclined to use it.

Too many unknowns. Dump it.

Otherwise, if you choose to gamble, use for personal consumption only and don't travel too far for 1 day after.

PS - No idea what bao is. Slavonic ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:48 PM

Toss it.

-Setanta         

tomspayne75

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:16 AM

Two nights ago, fairly late, I made some pork and cabbage filling for bao to take to a work event yesterday. Unfortunately I had a mishap with the dough yesterday morning and called off the batch because I didn't have time to make more. I have time tonight and could whip up another batch of dough but I'm not sure if the pork is safe. It's been in the fridge for about 36 hours. It was bought fresh that afternoon from a good market. I wrapped the filling well with little air in the bowl. There's some egg mixed in. Our fridge isn't super-duper cold but we don't generally have problems with spoilage either. I had reasonably clean hands and utensils preparing the filling, but didn't take specific clean-room precautions at the time because I expected to use it within 12 hours. The pork looks fine and smells fine. Advice? I hate to waste 1+10.0.0.0.1pounds of good ground pork, but I don't want my family getting sick either. I'm inclined to use it.

issue got solvedd

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users