• Quick Navigation
Photo

Organizing documents under ISO 22000

Share this

Best Answer , 19 January 2021 - 01:10 PM

The standard does not state you can't document all your products and their HACCP plans within one document. Some individuals might choose to create a separate food safety plan for each different product category, while others make an intergrated food safety plan inclusive of all their product categories.

You can integrate as much as you want as long as there is no confusion. Your hazard analysis can be intergrated, your flow diagram can be intergrated (though that could get pretty complex), your product characteristics could be one matrix, your recall procedure would be in there, etc.

I would look at the FSPCA PCQI manual; they present a food safety plan in there and it might give a good idea on how you can integrate it within one document

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

dohh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Estonia
    Estonia

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:50 AM

Hi guys,

How do you organize the documents, that FSMS needs?

I started off with making a separate folder for each clause and hyperlinking it all together with a table of content in an excel file.

Now I start to struggle, because what I knew to be HACCP seems to be divided between separate clauses in ISO 22000. I have to make about 5 different HACCP plans.

Thanks!

jdpaul

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 256 posts
  • 221 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 January 2021 - 01:26 PM

Why is your understanding of HACCP divided by the clauses in ISO 22000?

Your understanding of HACCP should be confined to section (8) of the ISO 22000:2018 standard. The rest of the standard comprises other parts that make up the Food Safety Management System; however, section 8 is what deals specifically with HACCP

Edited by jdpaul, 18 January 2021 - 01:28 PM.

dohh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Estonia
    Estonia

Posted 18 January 2021 - 01:37 PM

Why is your understanding of HACCP divided by the clauses in ISO 22000?

Your understanding of HACCP should be confined to section (8) of the ISO 22000:2018 standard. The rest of the standard comprises other parts that make up the Food Safety Management System; however, section 8 is what deals specifically with HACCP

Thanks for the answer. Yes, that´s what I meant. If before my HACCP was more like a continuous document for each product group, when I try to write it by ISO 22000 it feels like I lose my focus.

How do you organize between the clauses under section 8 if you have several HACCP plans? Screenshot of your folders would be appreciated. 

Where would the everyday CCP reports go? 8.5.4.5?  

We are fully digital in this, so it is a real headache to me.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:53 PM

I don't understand the dividing part, but we use paper based and index by SQF code in sequence, 2 binders and then reference binders for all records, forms, etc related to each section.

Everything is backed up on the cloud and on USBs.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

jdpaul

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 256 posts
  • 221 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for the answer. Yes, that´s what I meant. If before my HACCP was more like a continuous document for each product group, when I try to write it by ISO 22000 it feels like I lose my focus.

How do you organize between the clauses under section 8 if you have several HACCP plans? Screenshot of your folders would be appreciated. 

Where would the everyday CCP reports go? 8.5.4.5?  

We are fully digital in this, so it is a real headache to me.

Are you talking about the CCP forms that the operators use to monitor and ensure critical limits are maintained? CCP reports would fall under 7.5 because they need to be controlled, but they would also fall under 8.5.4.3 because it details the documented information that must be recorded on the CCP form.

Facilities with multiple CCPs might also have a general monitoring plan that lists all CCPs, their monitoring frequency, devices used, etc. as mentioned in 8.5.4.3(a)-(g)

Any others?

Edited by jdpaul, 18 January 2021 - 07:57 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

dohh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Estonia
    Estonia

Posted 19 January 2021 - 06:52 AM

So, it would it be OK, if I made just 1 word document for each product group, that covers for instance all sub-clauses from 8.5.1.1 to 8.5.1.5? 

And then I link each of these documents to the folder 8.5.2 Hazard analysis of the same product groups?  Or can I also follow with the Hazard analysis in the same document, where Preliminary steps were described?

I´m very confused of what I can write together and what to keep in separate folders.

Are you talking about the CCP forms that the operators use to monitor and ensure critical limits are maintained? CCP reports would fall under 7.5 because they need to be controlled, but they would also fall under 8.5.4.3 because it details the documented information that must be recorded on the CCP form.

Facilities with multiple CCPs might also have a general monitoring plan that lists all CCPs, their monitoring frequency, devices used, etc. as mentioned in 8.5.4.3(a)-(g)

Any others?

jdpaul

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 256 posts
  • 221 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:10 PM   Best Answer

The standard does not state you can't document all your products and their HACCP plans within one document. Some individuals might choose to create a separate food safety plan for each different product category, while others make an intergrated food safety plan inclusive of all their product categories.

You can integrate as much as you want as long as there is no confusion. Your hazard analysis can be intergrated, your flow diagram can be intergrated (though that could get pretty complex), your product characteristics could be one matrix, your recall procedure would be in there, etc.

I would look at the FSPCA PCQI manual; they present a food safety plan in there and it might give a good idea on how you can integrate it within one document

Edited by jdpaul, 19 January 2021 - 01:13 PM.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users