baker223

Grade - Active

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:50 AM

Hello IFSQN! I am unsure if this type of post is fully allowed, but I thought I would try the community first! I was wondering if this community of great industry professionals could potentially help me out! I have a weekly assignment where I am looking to "interview" (just ask some very generic questions, nothing too in depth about process or procedure) someone who has experience using CARVER shock and ALERT within their FSMS (if you only use one, that is fine; the assignment just requires both to be discussed). The assignment would require for me to briefly detail a description of the facility, and give at least 2 examples of how both CARVER and ALERT (totaling 4 examples) are used as food protection systems within a facility's FSMS. I would also be looking for your brief professional opinion of how these examples have both strengths and weakness so that I could further analyze based on my comprehension of the system. If you are willing, please feel free to message me, or send me an email via xxxxxxx The questions could be answered via e-mail, or organized for other means! 

College Attended: 

Johnson & Wales University 

Course Description: 

FOOD5001- Intro to Food Safety Systems: This course provides the students with the voluntary and regulatory frameworks that exist to support a safe domestic food supply. Students explore food safety systems that address the biological, chemical and physical hazards as they relate to various aspects of the food industry. In this course students are presented with an overview of food safety systems and practical approaches at the retail level. Students dissect the complex challenges in today’s food supply chain. Students are introduced to a variety of quality assurance programs as well as discuss global food safety initiatives.

Full Assignment: 

For this week’s assignment, search for articles, videos, etc. that explain how a facility or restaurant has used CARVER or ALERT, focusing on when these systems were warranted for use. Then, create a 10-minute presentation that includes:

• A description of your chosen facility/restaurant
  • A detailed description of when your facility/restaurant has used each method. Include at least two examples of each method, for a total of at least four examples.
  • Strengths and weaknesses of each example
  • What parts of each process did they miss, if any?
  • Details on how they could improve their use of each method
If needed, you may use more than one facility/restaurant.

Edited by Jacob Timperley, 10 February 2021 - 09:43 PM.
email deleted

baker223

Grade - Active

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 February 2021 - 01:06 AM

Hello IFSQN! 

I am unsure if this type of post is fully allowed, but I thought I would try the community first! I was wondering if this community of great industry professionals could potentially help me out! I have a weekly assignment where I am looking to "interview" (just ask some very generic questions, nothing too in depth about process or procedure) someone who has experience using CARVER shock and ALERT within their FSMS (if you only use one, that is fine; the assignment just requires both to be discussed). 

The assignment would require for me to briefly detail a description of the facility, and give at least 2 examples of how both CARVER and ALERT (totaling 4 examples) are used as food protection systems within a facility's FSMS. I would also be looking for your brief professional opinion of how these examples have both strengths and weakness so that I could further analyze based on my comprehension of the system. 

If you are willing, please feel free to message me, or send me an email via xxxxxxxxThe questions could be answered via e-mail, or organized for other means! 

College Attended: 

Johnson & Wales University 

Course Description: 

FOOD5001- Intro to Food Safety Systems: This course provides the students with the voluntary and regulatory frameworks that exist to support a safe domestic food supply. Students explore food safety systems that address the biological, chemical and physical hazards as they relate to various aspects of the food industry. In this course students are presented with an overview of food safety systems and practical approaches at the retail level. Students dissect the complex challenges in today’s food supply chain. Students are introduced to a variety of quality assurance programs as well as discuss global food safety initiatives.

Full Assignment: 

For this week’s assignment, search for articles, videos, etc. that explain how a facility or restaurant has used CARVER or ALERT, focusing on when these systems were warranted for use. Then, create a 10-minute presentation that includes:

• A description of your chosen facility/restaurant
  • A detailed description of when your facility/restaurant has used each method. Include at least two examples of each method, for a total of at least four examples.
  • Strengths and weaknesses of each example
  • What parts of each process did they miss, if any?
  • Details on how they could improve their use of each method
If needed, you may use more than one facility/restaurant.

Additionally, I will note that the assignment is due Sunday  February, 14th (pretty last minute), but I wanted to reach out here as being able to talk with an industry professional and connect based on their experience is my preferred choice to analyze for this specific assignment! 

Thank you all in advance,

Olivia 

Edited by Charles.C, 09 February 2021 - 01:13 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 February 2021 - 01:13 AM

Apologies for deleting email but this acts as spam magnet.

Additionally it is preferable/polite to contact ADMIN prior to "borrowing" the Site for projects as described above.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

baker223

Grade - Active

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 February 2021 - 01:16 AM

Apologies for deleting email but this acts as spam magnet.

Additionally it is preferable/polite to contact ADMIN prior to "borrowing" the Site for projects as described above.

Charles, 

My apologies for including it. I apologize for not contacting admin for prior approval on the site. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 February 2021 - 01:42 AM

Charles, 

My apologies for including it. I apologize for not contacting admin for prior approval on the site. 

Hi oslater,

No big problem. :smile:

I have contacted Admin to assist yr request.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 February 2021 - 09:14 AM

If members are inclined to help offline they can state their intention here and I can arrange to swap contact details.

Alternatively details of Carver and Shock experience can be posted directly here if members so wish.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users