Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:29 AM

Dear respected members, I have a NCR in external audit of BRC issue 8 which is narrated as under, 1.Ball point control system is not implemented at site,team member hanged ballpoint on uniform, 2.Staples found on  reports in processing area. Please guide me how can I work to close these NCs. Regards, Saeed

Lazaros Sk

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:45 AM

Dear Saeed,

for corrective actions for point 1 you could buy some detectable pens without small parts (quite easy to find), send to the auditor the purchase receipt and/or a photo of the pens and clarify that only this type of pens will be used from now on. The same goes for point 2, there are stapling devices which do not use or contain metal parts (called stapleless staplers). A training report about the use of pens and stapleless staplers would  be a good example for preventive actions.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:40 AM

Dear respected members, I have a NCR in external audit of BRC issue 8 which is narrated as under, 1.Ball point control system is not implemented at site,team member hanged ballpoint on uniform, 2.Staples found on  reports in processing area. Please guide me how can I work to close these NCs. Regards, Saeed

Hi Saeed,

Presumably clauses 4.9.6.2 and 4.9.2.2

In addition to previous useful post, I suggest you  acquire a copy of BRC's Interp.Guidelines and remove all staples/staplers from the Production area.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:53 PM

you could also add a sign out/in register for pens and only approved staff are issued them.  The metal detectable ones have a think enough body that they can be engraved so if one goes missing, you'd know who it belongs to

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SAEED AFZAL

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:20 PM

Dear respected members,
Thank you very much for useful sugesstions and comments,now i can easily develop records.
Thanks

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:10 PM

Agree the provided suggestions are helpful and overall good practices to include that staples or paperclips or any type of physical binder should not be used on the production floor. 

However concerning the pen issue I would imagine hanging even a metal detectable pen on one's person would be considered unacceptable as the whole point is to keep objects from accidentally dropping into the process; metal detectable or not.  I suggest you have training to ensure the people working on the floor understand the potential hazard to the action and how to prevent it such as keeping pens inside a clipboard or at a designated location where it could not accidentally fall in process when not in use.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users