Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 March 2021 - 03:00 PM

I am working on updating our Approved Supplier program against SQF Ed. 9 and I'm wondering if I am putting too much thought into our policy and procedures.  Our current Approved Supplier Program covers suppliers of ingredients, packaging materials, CIP/COP detergents & sanitizers, and contract manufacturers.  Do I need to extend this to include suppliers of other services (e.g. pest control, landscaping, uniform service, etc.) or can these be covered under Module 11?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 March 2021 - 03:03 PM

Yep you're over thinking!

You may want to include a list of contractors/contracted services, this allows you to track uniform vendors, waste management, pest control without needing RA etc

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 16 March 2021 - 04:35 PM

e.g. pest control, landscaping, uniform service, etc.)

look under service providers, contractors, etc. for the information you need and procedures to follow - different from than the track you were running on.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Bo16

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 March 2021 - 04:21 PM

I see this as an issue when we try to squeeze our procedures into the "system" of our certifiers.  We make sure to cover all the requirements, but we write our procedures so that they make sense to the people who use them.  We may have multiple procedures for each standard if it makes sense to break it down into individuals responsibilities and smaller sections.  Long procedures that try to cover everything in one are usually the ones followed less completely, probably because they are not easy to use, and nobody remembers that many details!  

A procedure that covers the production departments service providers or contractors and the procedure for the Laboratory or office can be different.  (GMP training, required certification, required PPE etc.) The end result is procedures that are easily understood and followed.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users