Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

Hi, i need someone to assist me regarding microb. standard. Our company did r&d for mushroom soup and divided it into 2 types which are chill & frozen. May I know what is microb. standard for ready-to-eat mushroom soup? Thank you in advance.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:35 AM

Hi, i need someone to assist me regarding microb. standard.

Our company did r&d for mushroom soup and divided it into 2 types which are chill & frozen.

May I know what is microb. standard for ready-to-eat mushroom soup?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Fara Dieba,

It may depend on where it is consumed and the relevant Local Regulatory micro requirements, eg - .

Do Regulatory Malaysian Standards for RTE products exist ?? (I anticipate the answer is Yes)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Lola2021

Grade - Active

• 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting recipes, making ethnic dishes from around the world, taking long walks and bike rides, and perfecting my homemade apple pie recipe.

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:14 AM

Hi Fara,

The pathogen of concern in finished products like yours are Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes, Pathogenic E.coli and I would consider Clostridium botulinum due to the nature of your product. Most manufacturers in the United States test for at least 1 of these pathogens as a final verification step before releasing it to the general public. Results should be negative (or non-detect).

Also, testing is verification and does not replace preventive measures and kill step validation of your process. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users