• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Cooking, Gardening, Reading, Watching movies

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:59 AM

Dear all, for an IQF product, what should be the minimum required core temperature. The product will be kept only in -18 Degree condition (after the IQF is completed), until it is taken for further process. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:51 AM

Dear All,

For an IQF product, what should be the minimum required core temperature. The product will be kept only in -18 Degree condition (after the IQF is completed), until it is taken for further process. 

Hi Sawad,

Assuming you mean ex-freezer, you seem to have answered yr own question.

Compressor should have sufficient capacity at the required loading to achieve a core temperature of at least -18degC within the design time.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Sawad

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

Hi Sawad,

Assuming you mean ex-freezer, you seem to have answered yr own question.

Compressor should have sufficient capacity at the required loading to achieve a core temperature of at least -18degC within the design time.

if its in a production line, then to increase the production capacity the operators usually speeds up the production resulting in products with a core temperature of -13 to -16 degree. Their explanation is that since this item is frozen already , then subsequent storage condition ensure the optimum keeping temperature. 

Logically this is ok & the pressure to increase production is immense.

You all know the production people wants more production.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:07 AM

if its in a production line, then to increase the production capacity the operators usually speeds up the production resulting in products with a core temperature of -13 to -16 degree. Their explanation is that since this item is frozen already , then subsequent storage condition ensure the optimum keeping temperature. 

Logically this is ok & the pressure to increase production is immense.

You all know the production people wants more production.

Yes, this is a common problem. Compressor is sized too small or has poor efficiency

You are simply transferring the error to the cold storage which Production are probably also aware of.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Sawad

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:20 AM

Yes, this is a common problem. Compressor is sized too small or has poor efficiency

You are simply transferring the error to the cold storage which Production are probably also aware of.

I have explained a common issue, which am facing day to day. I have given strict instruction to maintain core temperature & have implemented checklist to ensure the same. They are asking me the same question, ( since after IQF cold chain is maintained, why need to strict on -18 degree core, which results in less productivity. 

Working situation - IQF product out put core temp depends on the environmental factory (outside temp) this results in less efficiency than the night time. So we cannot fix a definite parameters to run the IQF. Each time needs to check the core temp. IF in the morning time core temp is fine with a definite belt speed, but by the noon time it will be changed and it affects from product to product. 

So I just put a real life situation

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:57 AM

I have explained a common issue, which am facing day to day. I have given strict instruction to maintain core temperature & have implemented checklist to ensure the same. They are asking me the same question, ( since after IQF cold chain is maintained, why need to strict on -18 degree core, which results in less productivity. 

Working situation - IQF product out put core temp depends on the environmental factory (outside temp) this results in less efficiency than the night time. So we cannot fix a definite parameters to run the IQF. Each time needs to check the core temp. IF in the morning time core temp is fine with a definite belt speed, but by the noon time it will be changed and it affects from product to product. 

So I just put a real life situation

Hi Sawad,

Having experienced a near identical situation, I sympathise.

We replaced the compressor. Problem solved. Everybody happy (Eventually).

It's called an investment. Part of "Resources".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users