Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:44 PM

Hello, has anyone here used Methyl Anthranilate (MA) to control geese from hanging out on the roof? I'm looking for recommendations of its effectiveness. It will be used in a fogger dispensing system.  We have tried other solutions including strobes but pest control company says most of the other devices are fairly ineffective over time, they recommended MA. MA is a non-toxic EPA approved food-grade ingredient made of grape oil. The active ingredient irritates a bird’s mucous membranes. When pest birds flythrough the fine haze, they find the sensation unpleasant and will subsequently avoid the area. The effect is temporary and will not harm the birds. Here is a link to the product: https://www.birdbgon...literature.pdf 

Any recommendation of this product effectiveness would be appreciated. Ive read about it but have not had contact with someone who has actually used it. Thank you IFSQN Community.

Lisa L. H.

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:24 PM

I haven't used this, but I read up on it and one site mentioned golf courses and airports using it. You could ask some pest control companies to see if they use it.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users