Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 April 2021 - 05:54 PM

All -  If there is another discussion I missed, please let me know - I tried to search and couldn't find anything in particular. We just had our Crisis Management meeting to discuss our water contingency plan. Pretty straightforward - we are on city supply, so we talked through a biological hazard and a chemical (lead) hazard.  Most of us lived in Milwaukee during the 80s/90s so we 'enjoyed' the Cryptosporidium outbreak but not as FS professionals. We are going to go and get a few contacts to add to our emergency contact register for portable handwash stations, trucked in water carboys, and large scale water filtration should a situation be long term. At the end of the discussion though - we wondered if anything was released in regards to food manufacturing during the Flint Crisis. I found a reference to the MDA working with manufacturers to reduce lead, but nothing specific. I assume it was mostly filtering. Anyone have a good reference?  Or perhaps some insights that maybe people don't think of in regards to a water contingency plan? We're mostly considering: Utensil washing, Production line Sanitation, Plant Sanitation, Handwashing, Direct Product use, Employee Drinking. Thank you! 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 April 2021 - 06:47 PM

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Xoinks

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:15 PM

Thank you so much!  That second one especially had exactly what I was looking for - some actionable items Food places took to reduce lead.  

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water, sqf, 9.0, food processing, contingency, business continuity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users