Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:24 AM

Hi all, this is my first post. I am new to the industry as I actually come from a different academic background. My company plans to start mass production of cold brew. For context, we manufacture and produce a wide range of coffee; mostly 3 in 1 powdered drinks including tea and chocolate. We are known for coffee bags as well. Cold brew will be our first foray into liquid beverages. I am here to ask what the process of delivery for cold brew is. FYI, there will be two variants; cold brew coffee(plain) and milk brew(basically a latte?). The concern is preservation of quality til it reaches its destination and to ensure that it does not spoil, especially the one that contains milk. Any input would be great! Thanks :smile:

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,052 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 28 April 2021 - 11:33 AM

What country are you producing this in? Regulations vary depending on country.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:36 PM

Take a look into the FDA Pasteurized Milk Ordinance.  It can be helpful especially for the latte version.  With beverage you want to make sure to validate your heating / pasteurization / kill step.  If you are in US and you have over a certain amount of milk in the formula it actually falls under FDA Milk & Dairy Regulatory under Grade A products.  If the latte product is 65% or more milk (or milk products) by weight, and minimum of 2% protein (Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen) then it falls under the FDA Grade A Regulatory and you need to follow everything in the PMO.

2019 PMO (Latest Version): https://www.fda.gov/...140394/download

Sanitary condition and design of filling equipment is a critical part of your shelf-life and product quality.

janiceacr

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:39 AM

i am based in Malaysia @kfromNE

janiceacr

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:40 AM

hi ryan, thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I'll do some research on the requirements here

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users