Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:18 PM

Hi, I have a question about below: 2.6.2.1 Product start-up, product changeover, and packaging changeover (including label changes) procedures shall be documented and implemented to ensure that the correct product is in the correct package and with the correct label and that the changeover is inspected and approved by an authorized person. Procedures shall be implemented to ensure that label use is reconciled and any inconsistencies investigated and resolved. Product changeover and label reconciliation records shall be maintained. My question is; what is label reconciliation? Many of my customers require plain poly bags with nothing but an expiration date tag. I don't have the means to keep an inventory of all my poly bags. What's the best way to do this? I am the type to learn by example. So if someone can please share their "label reconciliation records", I would appreciate it.

PQAManager

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 114 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 May 2021 - 10:03 PM

A lot of label regulations have to do with product content.  You know how many things say not labeled for individual sales.  If you are not the one that has the final ingredient statement then that is not considered a label. Some things fall under co-packers.  I may have just threw out some confusing info.

Gracezy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 May 2021 - 10:03 PM

The goal of label reconciliation is to reduce the recall. You need the record to show that the correct product is in the correct package and in the correct label.

You said most of your customers, that means not all of them are using plain poly bags, correct?
I believe expiration date tag, time of packing, and lot code would be a good record.

Below is some of what I learned from the SQF 9 webinar.

A product changeover will need to be inspected and approved by an authorized person.
It’s like when you do a product changeover from one label to another label, you will want to record the following example:
How many labels did we use?
How many products did we made?
How many leftover labels?
Did we put left over away quickly in our storage room?

Hope it helps!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Cthulhu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 8 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Video Games, Sci-fi, Geology, Rockhounding, Museums, Meteorology, Natural Disasters, Cthulhu Mythos, Board games, Card games.

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:36 PM

I know this post is 2 weeks old, but I had to recently create a label reconciliation form also and this is what I whipped up. Maybe it'll help. 

Ill copy paste the jist here but I know the formatting is going to be messed up a bit but I'll attach a quick copy/paste of that part of the form with the label reconciliation.

PACKAGING ISSUANCE        

Date             Time         Cases    Case Qty        Total Quantity                Packaging Lot Number           Issuer Receiver

________ ________ ________ ________ _________________  _________________________   ________ ________

________ ________ ________ ________ _________________  _________________________   ________ ________

Total Cases Issued   ________          Total Quantity Issued      ________________ 

PACKAGING RETURNED TO WAREHOUSE        

Date             Time        Quantity Returned           Packaging Lot Number           Initials 

________ ________ _________________  _________________________   ________ 

PACKAGING RECONCILIATION          

Quantity Produced:  __________________  Quantity Wasted:  __________________  Quantity Returned:  _________________

Quantity Produced +

Quantity Wasted +

Quantity Returned Total=

Reconciliation Percentage  

Quantity Issued                                                                            Initials Date

_________________________   divided by _________________=  ________ x 100 = ________%                 _______ _______

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

https://www.facebook...29416493974293/

https://www.instagra...m/area51miners/

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:02 PM

Hi, I have a question about below: 2.6.2.1 Product start-up, product changeover, and packaging changeover (including label changes) procedures shall be documented and implemented to ensure that the correct product is in the correct package and with the correct label and that the changeover is inspected and approved by an authorized person. Procedures shall be implemented to ensure that label use is reconciled and any inconsistencies investigated and resolved. Product changeover and label reconciliation records shall be maintained. My question is; what is label reconciliation? Many of my customers require plain poly bags with nothing but an expiration date tag. I don't have the means to keep an inventory of all my poly bags. What's the best way to do this? I am the type to learn by example. So if someone can please share their "label reconciliation records", I would appreciate it.

Hi steven,

also see this thread -

https://www.ifsqn.co...on/#entry172243

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users