Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:35 PM

Hi guys, non Dairy Creamer : substitute the milk content with palm kernel oil 1. Can anybody explain the target organism for pasteurization in Non Dairy Creamer? In Non Dairy Creamer there are numerous organisms grow well, but what  the exact target ? 

What I know, the target organism for milk pasteurization = coxiella burnetti, If you have journal or source, let me know. 2. What does it mean the target organism for pasteurization? Thanks   :ejut:  Non Dairy Creamer : substitute the milk content with palm kernel oil 

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:09 PM

The target organism is the organism that is the "hardest to kill" in the product.  Typically, milk / dairy has a host of various organisms in it as it is a great growth medium and the perfect water activity and pH for microbial growth & pathogen growth.  By that...if your process targets coxeilla burnetti for the 5 log reduction, or whatever your standard is, then it will be effective on the Non Dairy Creamer.

What are the other ingredients in the NDC?  Water? Stabilizer? Sugar?  What is the final total solids?

I don't know if it would be a good reference for you, but in the US all dairies and other manufacturers who process and package Non Dairy Creamer use the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO).  Even though this doesn't have milk in it, many times it has caseinate, it somehow still falls under the PMO guidance.

https://www.fda.gov/...140394/download

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users