Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2021 - 06:21 PM

Was wondering what are some ways I can challenge my company's food fraud program? We are SQF certified --- copies from edition 9 --> The food fraud vulnerability assessment and mitigation plan shall be reviewed and verified at least annually with gaps and corrective actions documented. Records of reviews shall be maintained. Last year, we removed the seal of an incoming raw material truck to see if warehouse would raise awareness, which was successful. TIA!

ESuttmiller

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2021 - 07:33 PM

I think it would depend a lot on your product produced and raw ingredients used. 

We review our FFVA every year at the same time we do the Food Defense challenge. Usually we try to combine the two so its done in one shot. (example; unknown person tries to get in to facility (usually during a random time) and tries to tamper with product.  

One year we had an individual (he was actually an employee at our company owned farm, but not known by our processing/production team) attempt to enter the facility and he had a metal container we marked as "poison". He wasnt successful, but he tried to get into raw material storage and into the production area with the container to simulate someone attempting to add an adulterant to the raw or finished goods. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 July 2021 - 05:55 AM

Was wondering what are some ways I can challenge my company's food fraud program? We are SQF certified --- copies from edition 9 --> The food fraud vulnerability assessment and mitigation plan shall be reviewed and verified at least annually with gaps and corrective actions documented. Records of reviews shall be maintained. Last year, we removed the seal of an incoming raw material truck to see if warehouse would raise awareness, which was successful.

TIA!

As I understand, "Challenge" is related to Food defense, not to Food Fraud ?. ie 2.7.1.4

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users