Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2021 - 05:29 PM

Hi all, I'm new as QA in instant noodle manufacture. Frying process has been designated as CCP for ISO 22000:2018 in my place. Fried onions and crackers are one of the ingredients for complementary seasoning in instant noodles. Does anyone have a reference for the minimum temperature and cooking time that can be used as a critical limit in the cooking process for fried onions and crackers. I'm desperate to find it on google. There is no research or standard on the minimum temperature and cooking time that can kill pathogenic bacteria in these two ingredients. ;(

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:29 PM

Hi all

I'm new as QA in instant noodle manufacture.

frying process has been designated as CCP for ISO 22000:2018 in my place.

Fried onions and crackers are one of the ingredients for complementary seasoning in instant noodles.

Does anyone have a reference for the minimum temperature and cooking time that can be used as a critical limit in the cooking process for fried onions and crackers.

I'm desperate to find it on google. there is no research or standard on the minimum temperature and cooking time that can kill pathogenic bacteria in these two ingredients. ;(

Hi Yongki,

Ideally, you need to define the specific, product-relevant, pathogen which is most resistant to heat for minimum T/t  for Safety. Then consult lethality tables.

I have no experience onions but, just for example, UK tends to nominate L.monocytogenes as a representative pathogen in many foods for atmospheric RTE cooking/storing.  I daresay you are already well familiar with T/t requirements for this bacterium. Other countries may vary, eg, IIRC, France, Spain use a different target species.

PS - I enclose typical hazards fresh cut onion.

The frying step T/t conditions will probably (micro) relate to (a) the presentation of input item, eg fresh/dried, (b) the intended storage condition (temp/pressure)/shelf life of finished product, eg if [i] frozen/atmos.pressure, target maybe L.mono. If [ii] chilled vac.pac maybe C.botulinum spores. (Lethality tables exist for both mentioned microbial hazards). (I anticipate the usual frying process appropriately/readily handles either possibility, eg for [i] a typical (6D) requirement is either 2min/core temp min. 70degC or an instantaneous core temp. of 74degC)).

Attached File  onion hazards.PNG   73.51KB   2 downloads

Edited by Charles.C, 25 July 2021 - 05:04 AM.
added

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users