Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:55 AM

Hi everyone, I am practically new here. Our company is now on the process of creating an FSMS applying all HACCP and GMP plans. I am a representative of the Engineering department. Our task is to provide plans on PMS of machine (preventive and breakdown) and calibration (weighing scales and temperature). The machines intended are for food grade quality specifically in plastic production. Can anyone please enlighten me on how to make the document? I already have ideas on weighing scale calibrations, temperature monitoring devices calibrations but don't know how to actually put it in a document. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you! Regards, Jayson

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:10 AM

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

I feel that this is one of those areas that is easy to overthink, and thus over-complicate ;)

A basic table listing the item, the frequency, the required tolerance, due date, and sign-off for date completed should largely suffice for your calibration schedule.

For other maintenance you can use something very similar - perhaps just replace the calibration tolerance column with a summary of the required maintenance details (e.g. full service / gasket change / re-lube / replace bearings etc etc as applicable).

Thanked by 1 Member:

julagata

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:37 AM

Hi pHruit!

Thanks for replying. I get your point and is well noted. In PMS, do I need to create a procedure manual that states how to do it? For example, procedure in die cleaning (PMS sched), how to repair a damaged gearbox, other machine malfunctions and how to repair it, etc?

Regards,

Jayson

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 August 2021 - 01:21 PM

Off the top of my head, with a standard FSP you should have:

• A policy/procedure document explaining your PM, Repair program with responsibilities listed
  • a documented PM schedule
  • instructions on the PM's and repairs
    • These could be as simple as a machine manufacturers service book, if it has this information in it
  • Training documents verifying the responsible employees can perform their duties to your standards

These don't need to be all on the same document. Depending on which standard you are under (or regulation, if your country has something similar to the USA's PSM), there may be additional boxes you need to tick that go above and beyond these basics.

Thanked by 1 Member:

julagata

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 04 August 2021 - 02:42 AM

Well noted! Thank you very much for all your suggestions!  :spoton:

Share this