• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is a signature of approval required for a revamped HACCP plan?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

jnehl

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 August 2021 - 02:53 PM

Hi everyone- Quick question. I recently went through the company I work for HACCP plan/binder and updated, revised, and reformatted the entire plan/binder. I changed/fixed at least one thing on EVERY document, sop, and ssop. Their previous versions were all signed and approved by upper management. Since i completely revamped the entire HACCP book do my new versions need to be approved and signed as well? Thanks in advance, jn

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 04 August 2021 - 02:55 PM

yes

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

FoodSafetyAPP

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 44 posts
  • 8 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 August 2021 - 02:58 PM

I personally only use 'signature approval' when it is a document or statement that is from the highest management member, e.g. company policy or statement of intent, etc.

HACCP though is to be signed by all team members.

I do not sign SOPs, although they are to be issued by an approved person which is detailed in the document control procedure. 

Things may be different for US tho, so see other opinions. 

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,054 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 04 August 2021 - 03:44 PM

Hi everyone- Quick question. I recently went through the company I work for HACCP plan/binder and updated, revised, and reformatted the entire plan/binder. I changed/fixed at least one thing on EVERY document, sop, and ssop. Their previous versions were all signed and approved by upper management. Since i completely revamped the entire HACCP book do my new versions need to be approved and signed as well?

Thanks in advance

jn

Depends.

If you changed the content or format.

Format of documents or for example: adding another item to the pre-op form - we don't require an upper management signature

Policy changes, SOPs, SSOPs, HACCP documents and changing the wording/content - upper management signature.

YNA QA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 97 posts
  • 17 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Crochet, Reading, Animals, Football

Posted 04 August 2021 - 04:16 PM

The only documents that Upper Management has physically has signed at our facility are HACCP Plan, Food Safety Plan, Flow Diagrams, and the Food Safety Policy Statement.  All other documents we include in the header an "Approved By" and "Reviewed By" statement.  This has been my policy and go-to method for my last couple positions and I've had that procedure approved by half a dozen auditors.  

I don't believe that there is an absolute requirement for a physical signature on all, unless noted in your preferred auditing scheme.  In SQF I know that for some documents, such as the Flow Diagram, for example, the code specifically states that all members of the food safety team must "Confirm" the diagram to be correct.  In that case, you do need a physical signature.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users