• Quick Navigation
Photo

Free download: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene” (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by Codex Alimentarius, and its

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

iychiang1809

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Taiwan
    Taiwan

Posted 10 August 2021 - 03:55 PM

Hi everyone,

We are the “Food Innovation Team in Taiwan” (FIT/FITT) consisting of food scientists, ISO 22000 auditors and consultants. Our goal is to introduce cutting-edge knowledge and latest accreditation information of food science into Taiwan.

We also share information of Taiwan food industry. Our team just published an ebook under Creative Commons License, and it is an open textbook .

Title: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene”  (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by  Codex Alimentarius, and its applications on food industry and catering in Taiwan

Authors: I-Yuan Chiang, Chia-Ho Hsu, and Meng-Yu Lin

ISBN 978-986-92929-4-8

Date: July 31, 2021

Language: one third in English (title, preface, and Codex texts), and two thirds in traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

Copyright: Creative Commons (CC-BY-SA-NC 3.0)

Full text for free download: https://url.slat.org...odex-2020-haccp

We are glad to share this book with all friends in IFSQN. Any feedback is welcome. 

---------------------------------------

I-Yuan Chiang

PhD, Food Science, Cornell University, USA

Assistant Professor, Kainan University, Taiwan.

Edited by iychiang1809, 10 August 2021 - 03:57 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 August 2021 - 06:22 AM

Hi I-Yuan Chiang,

Thks yr link. The document obviously represents a considerable Team effort.

A translation of the extended Taiwanese portions into English might assist awareness of the content.

As noted the traditional Codex Decision Tree no longer appears in the HACCP Section of the current Codex Hygiene document.

Yr "Tree" illustration on Pg 18/216 is the most visually complex interpretation I have ever seen. :smile:

Thks again.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

iychiang1809

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Taiwan
    Taiwan

Posted 11 August 2021 - 02:58 PM

Dear Charles.C

Thanks for the positive feedback.

1. It is a great idea to make a bilingual edition. We will evaluate if it is possible to make it come true when we prepare the second edition.

2. We are doing another book: Understanding Codex Food Allergen Management

(we expect to publish it in Jan 31, 2022)

We have done the translation in Jan 13, 2021

To download our translation:

https://iychiang1809...d-allergen.html

(website is in our language, but I believe English users can download it without problems)

We will try to make it a bilingual book (but no guarantee) 

Actually, we plan the publish 3 food allergen management books:

Book 1: Understanding Codex Food Allergen Management

Book 2: Ready for international tourists? Food allergen labeling and management guideline for food small business and street vendors in Taiwan

Book 3: For food export to the US and Europe: Food allergen labeling and management manual for food manufacturers and exporters

3. About the six possible routes  in a decision tree (page 18/216), If you need a English version, please let me know. I will try to make one and then share it here. In the tree, I found a bug/paradox when a step enters the tree (old version decision tree), when it meets Q2 (No, this step cannot eliminate or reduce the hazard...)  then Q3-Yes, and then Q4-No (No subsequent step can eliminate or reduce hazard to an acceptable level). The bug/paradox is: if this step IS NOT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to eliminate or reduce hazard, it means this step does not have the ability to do it. Since the step is not capable of doing the work, How can it become the CCP? The step lacks such ability.

And I found the 5Q or 6Q trees in drafts solved this bug/paradox in the old tree.

Best,

I-Yuan Chiang

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:17 AM

Dear Charles.C

Thanks for the positive feedback.

1. It is a great idea to make a bilingual edition. We will evaluate if it is possible to make it come true when we prepare the second edition.

2. We are doing another book: Understanding Codex Food Allergen Management

(we expect to publish it in Jan 31, 2022)

We have done the translation in Jan 13, 2021

To download our translation:

https://iychiang1809...d-allergen.html

(website is in our language, but I believe English users can download it without problems)

We will try to make it a bilingual book (but no guarantee) 

Actually, we plan the publish 3 food allergen management books:

Book 1: Understanding Codex Food Allergen Management

Book 2: Ready for international tourists? Food allergen labeling and management guideline for food small business and street vendors in Taiwan

Book 3: For food export to the US and Europe: Food allergen labeling and management manual for food manufacturers and exporters

3. About the six possible routes  in a decision tree (page 18/216), If you need a English version, please let me know. I will try to make one and then share it here. In the tree, I found a bug/paradox when a step enters the tree (old version decision tree), when it meets Q2 (No, this step cannot eliminate or reduce the hazard...)  then Q3-Yes, and then Q4-No (No subsequent step can eliminate or reduce hazard to an acceptable level). The bug/paradox is: if this step IS NOT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to eliminate or reduce hazard, it means this step does not have the ability to do it. Since the step is not capable of doing the work, How can it become the CCP? The step lacks such ability.

And I found the 5Q or 6Q trees in drafts solved this bug/paradox in the old tree.

Best,

I-Yuan Chiang

Hi I-Yuan Chiang,

Sorry delay in answering, I missed yr Post.

Yes, I would appreciate translation page 18/216. Not a small job though. :smile:

JFI, it is possible that the Campden group in UK introduced the additional use of an initial PRP query in the original Codex decision tree a long time before Codex.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

iychiang1809

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Taiwan
    Taiwan

Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:09 AM

Hi I-Yuan Chiang,

Sorry delay in answering, I missed yr Post.

Yes, I would appreciate translation page 18/216. Not a small job though. :smile:

JFI, it is possible that the Campden group in UK introduced the additional use of an initial PRP query in the original Codex decision tree a long time before Codex.

No problem. But it takes some time.

However, the Codex might release the new decision tree (5Q? 6Q? or XQ?) about March 2022 (I guess). Then it will affect the HACCP legislation in Taiwan.  Thus I will translate the current tree (page 18/216) as soon as I can. Next year, I might do the same thing on the new decision tree. 

iychiang1809

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Taiwan
    Taiwan

Posted 16 November 2021 - 07:18 AM

Hi everyone,

This morning (2021-11-16 or 16  Nov 2021) I got informed that our book is available on the open textbook library, University of Minnesota, USA

There is the link
https://open.umn.edu...ering-in-taiwan

I am a food scientist, and also an open source software/open education supporter.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users