• Quick Navigation
Photo

Co-Packing HACCP

Share this

Best Answer , 14 September 2021 - 04:57 PM

@Tony-C It is a different product than what we make. They send the finished product to us and we pack it into pillow bags for them. Product is sold in the same country. 

So you're undertaking a manufacturing(ish) process on your site, within your food safety systems, and it's not covered by your existing HACCP plan?
IMO you'd need to go through your usual HACCP review process to determine what changes need to be made to your own plan to accommodate the new product, or possibly even to determine that it's sufficiently different that it needs a separate HACCP plan.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

kwollek

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:43 PM

We co-pack for a customer of ours, I was wondering if I needed to add them to our HACCP plan or how I would go about that. Do they need to be in our HACCP

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 September 2021 - 02:07 AM

Hi kwollek,

It is more likely to be the other way round, they would need to add your operation to their plans. My questions would be is this for an identical product that you currently manufacture? are there any additional customer defined requirements that impact on your HACCP study? is the product to be sold in the same country under the same legislation?

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

kwollek

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:49 PM

It is a different product than what we make. They send the finished product to us and we pack it into pillow bags for them. Product is sold in the same country. 

kwollek

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 September 2021 - 03:22 PM

@Tony-C It is a different product than what we make. They send the finished product to us and we pack it into pillow bags for them. Product is sold in the same country. 

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 14 September 2021 - 04:57 PM   Best Answer

So you're undertaking a manufacturing(ish) process on your site, within your food safety systems, and it's not covered by your existing HACCP plan?
IMO you'd need to go through your usual HACCP review process to determine what changes need to be made to your own plan to accommodate the new product, or possibly even to determine that it's sufficiently different that it needs a separate HACCP plan.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users