Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 October 2021 - 01:13 PM

I'm looking for a risk assessment for a structural issue. It's a low risk, we are distributors only. I got a NC from an SQF auditor for 12.8.1.3. The bathroom doors opens into the dry warehouse No open product, everything is off the floor & - no product or equipment is stored in the vicinity. There is no previous history of plumbing issues/overflow of toilets.

I appreciate the help!

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 October 2021 - 01:35 PM

I'm not really sure anyone here can, nor SHOULD be giving you a risk assessment. We can help guide you, but ultimately you and your team should know your warehouse and setup and are the only ones qualified to perform a knowledgeable risk assessment on specific issues in your warehouse.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:47 PM

I'm looking for a risk assessment for a structural issue. It's a low risk, we are distributors only. I got a NC from an SQF auditor for 12.8.1.3. The bathroom doors opens into the dry warehouse No open product, everything is off the floor & - no product or equipment is stored in the vicinity. There is no previous history of plumbing issues/overflow of toilets.

I appreciate the help!

Hi rgomez,

Offhand it sounds like you are simply not compliant with a fundamental hygiene requirement.

I doubt that a risk assessment will change the situation.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:36 PM

We incurred that same NC and point deduction for about 8 years until we were doing another construction project and added air locks and ventilation to our restrooms. If you can afford the point create a risk assessment that proves there is no food safety risk to product. We also took a point for not having the property fenced in until I became food safety manager and appealed it based on demographics and type of product (paperboard packaging). We haven't had a deduction for that since.

Edited by Hoosiersmoker, 03 November 2021 - 06:41 PM.

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 366 posts
  • 87 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 08 November 2021 - 04:25 PM

I would ask for further explanation on that NC.  Doors can open into the facility if there is ventilation going to the outside, etc.  Sometimes auditors audit for multiple codes and forget some of the requirements for one aren't for the other.  We got hit with that same NC at a packaging plant, and challenged it with proof we had ventilation that was on and vented to the outside and won the challenge.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users