Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 November 2021 - 03:00 PM

We have had some changeover in the facility for the past yr. and the person in charge of training is no longer with the company (unexpected), we have not completed our training.  I know who needs to review and train on each policy in the facility. I am struggling with what are the basic for training for the production floor:  This is what i feel every one needs to know but i would appreciate all the help i can get. I have listed what i feel they all need:

HACCP-Food Safety Plan

GMPs

Food Defense

Food Fraud

Allergen Management

Personnel Welfare

Hand washing

Clothing & Personal Effect

Staff Engaged in food Handling & Processing Operations

Pest Prevention

Cleaning & Sanitation

Food Culture

TylerJones

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 104 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 November 2021 - 03:06 PM

Hi Stacys- typically when conducting training there is a master training matrix. This usually lists employee and trainings they have completed for the year. Not sure of your set up or system, but if you can find 2020 training records this will point you in the right direction on what is already in place at your company.

If you don't like change, you're going to like becoming irrelevant less. 

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 November 2021 - 03:20 PM

Hi Stacy,

Tyler is correct, there should be a training matrix as well as a PnP document that outlines what training will be completed (do what you say, say what you do). You need to find the current training matrix and PnP and then follow that.

If the previous trainer deleted it all, well that's going to be trouble....

detario

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 November 2021 - 05:26 PM

Hello, I have had a somewhat similar issue; mine was more that there were extremely scattered training sign offs but many were out of date and mixed with employees that no longer worked there.  Without a training matrix, it was easiest for me to start re-training everyone (smaller company) based on what each department would need at a minimum (job fn, GMP, hygiene etc.)  This is to cover an audit at end of year, and really I'm buying time to expand the training program before next year's audit.  At least going forward everything will be better organized, and it will be simple to do annual refreshers going forward; it was too scattered the way it was.  Hopefully this helps in some small way!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users