• 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 02 December 2021 - 06:30 PM

Hi Everyone!!

Hope everyone is excited for Christmas!!  :happydance: 

I understand for a newbie, there is a long way to go to become an auditor, but it will be nice to use company funding to get some courses done. 

https://www.nsf.org/...uditor-academy 

Looking at the NFS auditor academy course, I have done all of them except for ISO22000:2018 Lead Auditor course. From all the other CB training site (ex. SCS, SGS and NSF), it looks like ISO22000:2018 Lead Auditor course is needed for becoming an auditor.

What are the differences between ISO 22000:2018 and other GFSI benchmark audits (ex. SQF, BRC, and PrimusGFS)? And do you need ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor course credit to become an auditor? 

Thank you everyone! 

• NSF HACCP Training for Processors (U.S.) or HACCP II: HACCP Plan Development (Canada) -- both International HACCP Alliance and IACET accredited, 2 days
  • NSF Principles of Internal Auditing -- IACET accredited, 1 day
  • GFSI scheme training (one of the following): BRCGS, SQF, IFS, FSSC 22000 – 2 days
  • ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor -- 5 days with exam
  • FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI Training) -- 2.5 days

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 825 posts
  • 284 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 December 2021 - 05:03 AM

im not sure what NSF is selling.   

However it is relatively easy to look up the requirements for each standard,  they are all a little different.   they would all require a version of lead auditor training as well as training in the standard.   neither sqf or brc mention the ISO class specifically in their requirements.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 December 2021 - 01:11 PM

I would take the ISO lead auditor course as it will open up more job opportunities

The ISO standards all follow the same basic principals, so if you want out of food, you would have an easier transition to auto manufacturing or the like

As an FYI, take a good look at what is required to become employed as an auditor in Canada, cold call SGS or NSF and talk to them, you more or less work for free in the beginning (no wonder so many are grumpy)  and you're on the road ALL THE TIME

in my current food type, there are only 3 auditors certified for the entire country----um no thanks

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

STanQA86

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:05 PM

Woww good to know! So many auditors that I encountered told me to look into being an auditor, and how it is a great career path. Guess I should reconsider now.

Thank you! 

I would take the ISO lead auditor course as it will open up more job opportunities

The ISO standards all follow the same basic principals, so if you want out of food, you would have an easier transition to auto manufacturing or the like

As an FYI, take a good look at what is required to become employed as an auditor in Canada, cold call SGS or NSF and talk to them, you more or less work for free in the beginning (no wonder so many are grumpy)  and you're on the road ALL THE TIME

in my current food type, there are only 3 auditors certified for the entire country----um no thanks

STanQA86

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:09 PM

Thank you!

I know!! I am hesitant to take this almost $2000 class, and ISO 22000:2018 is not even recognized by GFSI, which is why I am trying to gather some advices from this forum. 

im not sure what NSF is selling.   

However it is relatively easy to look up the requirements for each standard,  they are all a little different.   they would all require a version of lead auditor training as well as training in the standard.   neither sqf or brc mention the ISO class specifically in their requirements.  

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:13 PM

Thank you!

I know!! I am hesitant to take this almost $2000 class, and ISO 22000:2018 is not even recognized by GFSI, which is why I am trying to gather some advices from this forum. 

ISO 22000:2018 is FSSC22000

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 825 posts
  • 284 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:31 PM

Woww good to know! So many auditors that I encountered told me to look into being an auditor, and how it is a great career path. Guess I should reconsider now.

Thank you! 

i dont think its a terrible gig.   As scampi stated its nearly 100% travel.  depending on how you get paid for the audits and time you spend traveling you can make some good money.    If you become a contractor you have a little more say as to what jobs you take.    you could then fill some time with consulting for others.    

Twofishfs@gmail.com

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 825 posts
  • 284 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:45 PM

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

the iso  class has value.   it might not be the easiest way to go to audit a specific standard.   I would decide on a standard that you wanted to be an auditor and see what the requirement is.  

for instance, for brc the ISO class should meet the QMS lead auditor course.  but you would still need training in the specific standard.   I believe the BRC lead auditor class would meet both requirements.  

BRC requirement:

• a degree or equivalent in a field relevant to the Standard;
  • successful completion of a registered QMS Lead Auditor course or equivalent;
  • successful completion of HACCP training based on the principles of Codex Alimentarius, of at least two days’ duration or the equivalent risk assessment training for non-food products;
  • appropriate post-qualification work experience (a minimum of five years relevant experience in industry, usually in a manufacturing sector);
  • completed BRCGS training in the specified Standard; and
  • audit experience – generally a specified number of audits including those against the BRCGS Global Standards.

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users