Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 December 2021 - 06:47 PM

Our company recently purchased a dishwasher which is used to clean dishes and the hot water is used to sanitize.  I purchased the Dish Temp plate to validate along with the test strip stickers that are put on the dishes to get a reading of the temperature of the dishes.  Neither are reading at 180 degrees but it does read at 190 where the water comes out inside the dishwasher so the water is definitely in the 190 degree range but the dishes are not. 

My thought process was to validate for that the dishes have been cleaned and SANITIZED I need to show that the actual dishes themselves reach 180 degrees not just that hot water is sprayed onto them.   Maintenance believes that the dishwasher is doing its job and that the water is coming out of the pipe at 190 degrees and that is all that we need.                                                                               

What are your thoughts?                                                                                                                                                                                          

Here is the link for the thermoworks dish temp plate that did not get to temperature.   https://www.thermowo...com/dishtemp/  

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,052 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 21 December 2021 - 07:54 PM

How the regulations read - you need the water to be greater than 180 F and not the item you are cleaning. If this is occurring, you're fine. I've never used the item you are mentioning so not sure about that.

QualityTime

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 December 2021 - 09:03 PM

Thank you.  Where exactly does it read in the regulations? 

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,052 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:13 PM

Thank you.  Where exactly does it read in the regulations? 

https://www.fda.gov/...110822/download - in the search bar - search for 180 or dishwasher in the text. I don't know your exact setup so I can't give you the exact code number

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users