• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 February 2022 - 05:23 AM

Hello, 

I wonder whether it's possible to certify a broker to ISO22000, where the logistic and storage operations are sub-contracted to a third party? 

Without any direct contact to the products, I'm not sure how to apply the HACCP and prerequisites of the norm.

Have you encountered this kind of questions? If so, did you get ISO22000 certified, or turned to another standard? 

Thank you!

Pauline

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 22 February 2022 - 08:37 AM

Is there a reason you're looking at this specific standard for this application?
BRC and IFS both offer specific standards for agents / brokers, designed to suit this type of business. (Admittedly the "HACCP" elements are still a bit odd, but there is at least some recognition it's not really HACCP).

probard

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 February 2022 - 11:04 AM

I'm looking for something "lighter" than BRC/IFS. I certified a broker with IFS broker before and I'm not looking forward to do it again if it's not absolutely necessary :)

Also, where I am now BRC and IFS are not really well known, whereas ISO is.  

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 February 2022 - 06:48 AM

Hello, 

I wonder whether it's possible to certify a broker to ISO22000, where the logistic and storage operations are sub-contracted to a third party? 

Without any direct contact to the products, I'm not sure how to apply the HACCP and prerequisites of the norm.

Have you encountered this kind of questions? If so, did you get ISO22000 certified, or turned to another standard? 

Thank you!

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

See attachment Pg 7, section F.

Attached File  iso-22000-certification-requirements.pdf   423.22KB   19 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users