• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Soccer (Football), Cricket, Cooking

Posted 12 March 2022 - 06:14 AM

I am curious how you measure your Food safety performance?

Thank you.

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 14 March 2022 - 12:27 PM

Key Performance Indicators: they could be different like non-conformances, pest control, micro testing results, training evaluation, customer complaints, etc., etc. You choose your own demonstrating that your food safety management system is working properly. I believe, we've already had some threads on this forum regarding this matter.

Richaney Impraseuth

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 March 2022 - 01:29 PM

In our management commitment policy statement we outline our measurable objectives, communicate the results in monthly meetings, and have the posters and employee incentives (a party) when they reach the internal GMP Audit target and we also consider Food safety compliance when nominating employee of the month. 

During our GMP Audit we nominate a production employee that does not have a leadership role to join our audit, this way it empowers and e4nocurages them to report and identify actual and potential food safety risk and also further educates them.

Measurable Objectives

Safety- through monthly internal GMP Audits target of 92+ (we trend our monthly results, This will show if there's any improvements)

Education- employee food safety training with a competency test target of 90+ (we have a grading matrix for this using excel)

Customer complaints- target of less than 5 per month with no reoccurrences, we also trend this. 

Compliance- We trend our corrective actions, we have a target of no reoccurrences

I hope this helps you.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users