Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 April 2022 - 10:53 PM

In order to better establish our companies dedication to SQF, HACCP and Food Safety I wanted to start adding signs and Food Safety Bulletin boards to production areas, bathrooms, break rooms,etc... We are a Winery just FYI.

I could really use some input on what signs would be best for SQF, where to find and purchase, what others have done to create engaging Food Safety Bulletin boards with useful information for their employees. 

Pictures appreciated!

Links appreciated!

Suggestions appreciated!

Just want to really establish our commitment (other than all the work we are putting in). 

Thanks

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 07 April 2022 - 06:46 AM

I have all the standard boring policy statements, but I'm rather doubtful that people actually read them in these locations.

One thing I did find that actually got staff (and visitors) to notice them is to use picture-based instructions that I made by badly editing photos of recognisable famous people and the site senior management team, to create pictorial guides. Everyone notices photos of the managing director looking daft, so it draws their attention in and they hopefully then notice his (badly photoshopped from a picture of Mr T) jewellery etc.

I also found that more people noticed the CDC's "Everyone Loves Clean Hands" posters with princesses, like this one: https://www.cdc.gov/...oster_11x17.pdf

Obviously I placed the actual handwashing instructions underneath this, but it is something that helps grab peoples attention in the right direction.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 April 2022 - 01:24 PM

We have a "catch me at my best" program where employees (all) can nominate another employee for putting food safety first---we select 1 winner/month and they are rewarded with a gift card and we post the winners pictures

FYI our auditor asked employees directly what Food Safety Culture meant to them, so I would be more emphasis on that, as well as signage the directly to relates to your facility and LESS of SQF specific stuff

Make sure your postings will work for your target audience, are laminated flow charts applicable for 90% of your work force??  Perhaps items like handwashing reminders, lunch room cleanliness etc are better suited

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users