• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2022 - 03:29 PM

Hi All, 

I am new to the forum but it has been so helpful so far!

I have recently changed industries and I am now working with Gases as QA. 

We want to supply gases which are to be used in food packaging (example in packets of ham to extend expiry).

I am needing to implement ISO 22000, and integrate it with my current ISO 9001. 

I have no experience of ISO 22000 :doh: , and want some advice/guidance in how to implement it and what i need to do on top of my 9001. 

Has anyone got a checklist or templates ? or any help at all?

from my understanding (limited) i think i need a HACCP plan, PRPs and risk analysis? 

I have already written a food safety policy and chosen a food safety team (members from all areas of the business). I am getting a bit confused due to the nature of our business, we are not a food company, we will just be supplying packaging gases to food companies so I am unsure if everything is relevant to us. 

Thanks in advance for any help provided :) 

Luce  :thumbup:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 July 2022 - 03:51 AM

Hi Luce,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums

The IFSQN offer an ISO 22000 2018 Food Safety Management System - Food Manufacturers Edition Implementation Package

It is primarily aimed at food manufacturers, so wouldn’t be an ideal fit but I’m sure it would be useful.

Kind regards,

Tony

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 July 2022 - 06:02 AM

Hi All, 

I am new to the forum but it has been so helpful so far!

I have recently changed industries and I am now working with Gases as QA. 

We want to supply gases which are to be used in food packaging (example in packets of ham to extend expiry).

I am needing to implement ISO 22000, and integrate it with my current ISO 9001. 

I have no experience of ISO 22000 :doh: , and want some advice/guidance in how to implement it and what i need to do on top of my 9001. 

Has anyone got a checklist or templates ? or any help at all?

from my understanding (limited) i think i need a HACCP plan, PRPs and risk analysis? 

I have already written a food safety policy and chosen a food safety team (members from all areas of the business). I am getting a bit confused due to the nature of our business, we are not a food company, we will just be supplying packaging gases to food companies so I am unsure if everything is relevant to us. 

Thanks in advance for any help provided :) 

Luce  :thumbup:

Hi Luce,

I can recall a couple of previous threads here on ISO22000/"Gases". IIRC the challenging aspect was finding significant FS-related hazards for the haccp plan.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

sqflady

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 250 posts
  • 63 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 July 2022 - 05:24 PM

Reach out to your certification body.  They should be able to help you determine what is applicable to your particular situation.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users