Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 July 2022 - 05:32 PM

Hello All - Hoping someone can offer advice on whether or not BRCGS requires a challenge of the crisis management program for clause 3.11.1 

We do have a crisis management program detailing the types of emergency situations we could potentially be faced with and what to do in the event we are afflicted; we have roles and responsibilities defined and emergency contacts verified. However, we've never actually challenged this plan - is a challenge required? The clause and supporting interpretation guide do not provide much insight. 

Would love to know what others have used as a challenge scenario. 

Thank you

Esoto728

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 July 2022 - 01:03 AM

Not required, just finished up an audit today. Auditor just wanted to verify we had one and the information on it states the required BRC clause requirements.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 July 2022 - 04:01 AM

Hi thisusernameisnottaken,

I believe this requirement is being added in Issue 9 and will not be required for an audit until 2023.

From F900e: Food Safety Consultation Draft:

The incident management procedures (including those for product recall and withdrawal) procedures shall be tested, at least annually, in a way that ensures their effective operation. Results of the test shall be retained and shall include timings of key activities. The results of the test and of any actual recall shall be used to review the procedure and implement improvements as necessary.

Last challenge I did was water supply contamination.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users