• Quick Navigation
Photo

Certification audit timing when moving to a new factory?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Urag

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:46 PM

Hi guys,

Just need some opinion.

Our factory moved to a different site, now we already have ISO 22000 certification from old site that will expire this september. Old site still operating until the last line is transferred november of this year, may i please know as per your experience will i still do recertification audit for old site or start the new one even if machines not fully transferred?

Thanks a lot

Urag

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 10 August 2022 - 05:36 PM

Hi Urag, try to explain the situation to your CB and ask to move your audit to November, when the operations start at the new plant.

825tzy09

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 August 2022 - 11:52 PM

The following may be self inquired:

1. What is the scope of your certification of your old line? Are majority of the products will be transferred by then? if only small percentage can be covered in the old plant vs the scope during initial certification, then the organization may decide if it still add value.

2. If significant chunk will still be covered, then it may be rationale. The next  question is will you be able to pass the ISO/TS (including food defense and biovigilance) given the many in and outs and ongoing transfer? and how long will the the operation of the old be after recertification?

From what I experience, the new one is the one being certified already. 

All the best in your new journey to transfer.

BR

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users