• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 October 2022 - 08:02 PM

Good day all,

I am currently working with a Canadian start-up company that is dealing with plant-based beverages. We are to be attending a private label trade show (PLMA) in the US to offer up the product to potential retailers. 

Our product will be in the form of samples, and not necessarily a finished product label/unit, as our Canadian variant of packaging is not FDA approved. We will not be making any allergen free claims to my knowledge as of now. 

I would like to ask what is considered mandatory or at least recommended for labelling of such a product in sample form. Taste tests will be offered when requested so there will be that to consider as well. I am not entirely sure if we will be providing retailers with 'take-home' samples at this time but if so, is a 'not for resale' or 'Sample' statement required? 

I have been reading the Nutrition Labelling and Education Act (NLEA) and as much FDA information as I can, but as this trade show deadline approaches and my part in product commissioning continues, my time allotted to this task has become quite restricted. 

Generally, I assume nutritional information, product name, product description, unit size, location of manufacturer and any product instructions will be mandatory, but if there are any additional steps, precautions or bits of information to be included, I am not sure.

Any information, or guidance is greatly appreciated, as I have never dealt with such a task.

Thank-you very much for your time,

Gareth

hello.fizz

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 10 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 October 2022 - 08:51 AM

Hi Gareth,

I have not attended a private label trade show, but would also include a list of any allergens, even if it is just to ensure the safety of the attendees consuming the samples. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users