MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 03 November 2022 - 11:13 AM

Hi  ,

We are currently working on a project to implement  a food safety management system for traditional products or local products: date syrup, honey, date paste, traditional jam and by-products.

I request kindly some clarification regarding the following points:

1- These types of local products have no regulations and legislation that define the specifications, storage conditions, the microbiological criteria and their thresholds to define  the acceptable levels of hazards. My question, in this case what is the solution for these types of product that does not have  any legal or regulatory requirements.

2- The manufacturing processes are entirely manual: Are there GMPs for these types of products that you could share here?

3- Do you have a model of a HACCP study for these types of local or traditional products?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards

Evans X.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 331 posts
  • 157 thanks
Excellent

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food safety, Lab quality, Reading, Online&board gaming, Movies&series, Basketball.

Posted 03 November 2022 - 01:01 PM

Greetings MURADTALBI,

The products may not be mentioned in general food guidelines, but they could have a specific separate either local or regional legislation. Honey for example is not included in EC 2073/2005 but it is regulated by EC 110/2001 were it mentions parameters, labelling rules etc (honey is microbiologically stable btw). You may not find a product by a very specific name, but you will almost 100% find something in a more general category.

Also, for example jams have some specifications in EC 113/2001 and from experience/studies, even though they are considered relatively microbiologically stable due to the manufacturing process, they still should be tested mainly for yeasts/molds.

Products rich in sugars are not very prone to microbiological hazards, but there are also physical, chemical, allergen hazards to be considered.

GMP during manufacturing remains unchanged no matter what you do, meaning to the highest possible level depending of course on the product/process type.

Regards!

Thanked by 2 Members:

MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:49 AM

Hi dear Evans, 

Thank you  for  your  interaction. 

Any other  details/ clarification  dear  community members ? 

Regards. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users